1Password 7.0.3 Chrome Extension does nothing

Options
boissejd
boissejd
Community Member

In Chrome the extension do nothing. Cannot access any password on any site stored in 1Password. But the extension works fine in Safari.

I try to uninstall and reinstall it same problem. Nothing happens when I click on the extension.

Any idea ?

Thanks

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @boissejd! Sorry for the trouble.

I try to uninstall and reinstall it same problem.

By "it," do you mean 1Password? Chrome? The 1Password extension IN Chrome? Some combination of the above?

• boissejd
    boissejd
    Community Member
    Options

Hi,

I meant the extension. Upgrading to 7.0.4 (App Store) seems to have resolved the problem.

Thanks.

• Araya
    Araya
    Community Member
    Options

I am having a similar issue. I upgraded to 1Password 7.0.4 on MacOS 10.12.6. I have Firefox and Chrome installed in the default Applications folder. Since updating 1Password, the toolbar button in each browser does nothing. If I go and expand the 1Password Mini menu from the menubar, I am prompted to install the 1Password extension in my active browser. Following the prompts, I can successfully install the extensions in Firefox and Chrome. However, the extensions do nothing. I have removed the extensions, quit the browsers, relaunched and re-installed the extensions with no effect. I have done the same but have also quit 1Password completely from the 1Password Mini menu before removing extensions, quitting the apps and re-installing, as well as removing extensions, quitting 1Password and then rebooting before reinstalling the browser extensions. All have had no effect.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@boissejd - glad to hear it! Let us know if you need anything else. :)

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Welcome to the forum, @Araya! Two questions for you:

1. Did you purchase a standalone license or subscribe to a 1password.com membership when you upgraded?
    2. Where is 1Password installed?

If you didn't purchase 1Password 7, that may be why it's not working. If you DID - either through your 1password.com membership or via a standalone license purchase, then that's not the issue.

1Password 7 is a sandboxed application; you MUST install it into your main Applications folder, NOT into ~/Applications or anywhere else. If you need to move 1Password, make sure you Quit 1Password 7 Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q first, then just drag 1Password 7 into your Applications folder.

• Araya
    Araya
    Community Member
    Options

I'm on a subscription. What's more telling is that I am using 1Password on a work laptop that I don't have admin credentials for, so I have to put anything useful (like 1Password) in the ~/Applications folder. I guess I'm just out of luck as long as I use this device.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Araya - I'm sorry to hear about the difficulty. To be clear, we're not the only app that you'd have this issue with; anything that requires sandboxing (like anything from the Mac App Store) would need to go into /Applications instead of ~/Applications.

The only thing I can suggest to you would be to ask your IT staff or whomever has admin credentials for the Mac in question to install 1Password for you. If they aren't willing to do that, you can always remove 1Password 7 for Mac by dragging to the trash (after making sure you Quit 1Password Completely by typing ^⌥⌘Q, of course), and re-download 1Password 6.8.9 for Mac. This can be run from ~/Applications. I realize it's not ideal, but that's the best solution I have for you at present.

• Araya
    Araya
    Community Member
    Options

Oh yeah, I run into the admin issue all the time. I have to choose my battles with IT regarding installations. In this case rolling back to v6 may be the best solution. I appreciate the prompt and thoughtful responses!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Araya - you're quite welcome! Glad I was able to shed a little light on the subject. :)

This discussion has been closed.