[bug?] Windows desktop app shows no custom/rich icons at all

Options

I have an older standalone vault that I just imported in to v7.

The web UI shows various icons for logins.

The desktop app just shows the generic keyhole icon.

1Password Version: 7.0.558
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 - 1803
Sync Type: Cloud

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @bajandude,

Thank you for reaching out and giving 1Password account a try! :+1:

Are you by any chance using any kind of vpn, firewall, or anti-malware software? Additionally, please check if you have correct time on your computer. If it is off, 1Password may not be able to sync at all and Rich Icons may not work.

Let me know what you find. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• bajandude
    bajandude
    Community Member
    Options

No VPN, firewall, or anti-malware. This is a < 48 hour old installation of Windows 10, and 1Password was about the 3rd piece of software installed. Time is sync'd via NTP.

• bajandude
    bajandude
    Community Member
    Options

And now the rich icons are showing in the desktop app. Very, very odd.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @bajandude,

Thank you for keeping us posted! I am glad to hear that the issue has resolved itself.

It does sounds like a network issue, so please let us know if you bump into it again in the future, we will take a closer look. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• bajandude
    bajandude
    Community Member
    Options

I'm glad and not glad.. I don't like intermittent, unexplained behaviour :( This machine has had zero issues with the network for anything else, so I'm not inclined to say "network issues" without logs proving that statement.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@bajandude: I can totally understand where you are coming from! It does seem quite weird.

Am I right to understand that Rich Icons in 1Password 7 works correctly now? Does the issue remain with new items? Please let us know.

Thanks!

++
    Greg

• bajandude
    bajandude
    Community Member
    Options

Yes, we're good.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

:+1: :chuffed:

• secondspassed
    secondspassed
    Community Member
    Options

I'm having the exact same problem and it's super frustrating to not be able to do anything but just wait and hope it happens. Not a single icon has downloaded. Quit and reloaded the app, nothing. Clearly something is wrong on the app or server's end. It shouldn't take this long. I am using an external vault synced with Dropbox, but the app is licensed through the Family Plan. Rich icons still work with external vaults, don't they?

• @secondspassed: Your username here adds a hint of irony to this discussion as seconds is exactly how long it takes for rich icons to appear and disappear for me. That said, rich icons are downloaded when you first add an account or vault and then cached locally after so they can be reused for identical domains in the future. So, when you first add an account or vault, there is a lot more being downloaded than, say, when you just add a new item. We have seen this take a while for some folks, but haven't been able to find any reason for it. One thing that has thus far proven true, though, is that the icons do ultimately appear and are much quicker to appear for new items moving forward. And yes, they're available for standalone vaults. If you'd like, we could take a look at some diagnostics from your 1Password to see if we can find any cause, but ultimately, waiting (and leaving 1Password running in the background so it can do its thing) should result in them popping up.

This discussion has been closed.