On 4k display the copy/largetype/reveal buttons are REALLY far away

jbs
jbs
Community Member

I posted this a few months ago in regards to 1PW4 and was (very reasonably) told that since the focus was on getting 1PW7 ready you wouldn't be making any changes other than security-related ones to 1PW4. That made sense.

Now that 1PW7 is out and I've purchased a license, I've found that the same situation still exists and so I thought I'd bring it up again. I LOVE that 1PW7 is so much better on high-DPI monitors. I've cranked up the zoom and the display looks great. I often use the app full- or half-screen and in either of those configurations, even a long password still leaves a giant gap over to the copy button.

The screen cap below is from half-screen. As you can imagine, when it's full screen you're scrolling across 18 inches of physical screen real estate to get to the copy button.

I wanted to suggest that to the LEFT of the word password would actually be a much better place to have those buttons. Less chance of scrolling to the wrong line and much less moving around on any device, including on many of today's touchscreen laptops.

Thanks for your consideration!

1Password Version: 7.0.558
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• @jbs I am going to give you a similar, but hopefully more encouraging reply this time around – the item details are awaiting a redesign. While we're still not paying much attention to them at the moment and I don't have an exact ETA on their sprucing up, they are slated for some serious love and I hope we're able to share some universally nicer looking item details with you soon. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.