Blank window after resize or move

Im using 1password 7.0.558 on Windows 10 1803. When I resize or move the 1password application window. It goes blank/white. The only option is to close the application and reopen it without resizing or moving.

Note that the extensions work OK (except for the bug with Edge as default browser). This problem is in the main application.

1Password Version: 7.0.558
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 (1803)
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:blank window after resize

Comments

• @mintyfield: This is a bit different from many of the rendering issues we've seen with 1803 thus far, but it still may have similar roots. Some graphics driver updates that came with 1803 (most Intel from what I've seen) are causing troubles with WPF which 1Password uses for its UI. This leads to those blank windows. If this is what's causing your trouble, there's unfortunately nothing we can do to help. The driver developer will need to fix the problem in the driver itself. That said, uninstalling your graphics drivers, rebooting, and allowing Windows to reinstall them can help. Give it a try and let us know what you find out. :chuffed:

• mintyfield
    mintyfield
    Community Member

This problem only seems to occur on certain screen configurations. It matters in which dock I put my laptop.
    I changed my screen setup at home by removing the DVI connection on my second monitor and daisy chaining it with display port to the the first monitor. That made the problem go away at home.

So my guess is indeed a driver problem.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

@mintyfield: Thank you for the additional piece of info! I am glad to hear you were able to work around this issue.

Do you have Intel drivers? As Kate mentioned above, we had similar reports with Intel drivers in the latest W10 1803 update and similar issue has been posted on their community forum here. There is not much we can do from our side, but I would still recommend you to check it out.

If there is anything else we can help you with, feel free to reach out to us anytime. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• MAR82
    MAR82
    Community Member
    edited February 2019

Hi, I've been having the same issue. I did have the Intel graphics driver installed, but even after uninstalling it I still have the issue.

Edit 1. And now after uninstalling the Intel driver I seem to also be having the issue with the Chrome extension going blank

Edit 2. Also in the taskbar

• @MAR82, do you use a third-party window manager? I recently worked with a customer who was experiencing this with a tool called maxto. I think graphics adapters and drivers may play a role as I haven't fully managed to reproduce it on my PC, but the customer I spoke with was able to identify a setting in the window manager that, when turned off, resolved the trouble. Depending on the tool you use, this may be neither here nor there, but I'd be more than happy to test them out for you as my current workstation has Intel graphics as well which means I can reasonably mirror your setup, most likely. Just let me know. :+1:

• MAR82
    MAR82
    Community Member

With that advice I looked into what could be entering in conflict with it, and discovered that it was the software from AOC Screens+.
    I understand that this is a conflict with the 2 running at the sane time. But I also think you guys might need to change how you handle your UI displays since 1Password is the only software I have had issues with when running Screens+ at the same time and it seems it has the same issue with other software and hardware configurations

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @MAR82,

Thank you for the update!

1Password 7 for Windows uses Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) and WPF depends on the Windows' graphics subsystem to render the apps. That means any custom graphic drivers or custom window modding tools can affect how 1Password works.

1Password 7 is not the only app on Windows that uses WPF, but it is possible that this is the only app that you use. We are always looking at ways to improve 1Password for Windows, but I don't have anything to share at this point.

If you have any other questions about this situation, please feel free to raise them in a return email. Thank you! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.