2FA/OTP Wrong on Windows and Online

Options
Lewys
Lewys
Community Member
edited June 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I use 1Password across Mac, iPhone, Apple Watch and Windows - 2FA codes from the Windows version of 1Password and from the online version are all, and always, incorrect. The online and Windows version both show the same codes at the same time.

For example (as I’m typing this) my Mac, iPhone and Watch all display a code of 591703, whereas 1Password for Windows and online shows 919682 - for a particular website I use . The codes from Windows/online is never accepted by any website or application used, whereas the codes from anything else are.

These did work fine, I think (but am not certain) this broke when I installed version 7 of 1Password, I did use the beta version of this but am now on a stable version. - But it doesn't work using the online version of 1Password either.

Is there anything I can do to get the 2FA codes to sync correctly across all devices?

1Password Version: 7.0.558
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• @Lewys 2FA codes are time sensitive, can you check that computer with web/Windows app has correct time? Typical 2FA/OTP code refreshes each 30 seconds.

• Lewys
    Lewys
    Community Member
    Options

@SergeyTheAgile - D'oh! That was it.

Windows machine was a little out of whack. Now it can tell the correct time, all the 2FA stuff is the same.

Thank you. :)

• @Lewys: I'm glad Sergey was able to help! He's busy building new goodies for us right now, so on his behalf you are most welcome and enjoy. :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.