(sigh) I Knew I Shouldn't Have Upgraded to 7

Options
scoobydoo88
scoobydoo88
Community Member

One thing I'll say...Agilebits is definitely becoming more Apple-like in software "upgrades" - making nonintuitive interface changes that interfere with workflow and make using the app burdensome and difficult to use. I'm using Firefox (60.0.2). WHY does the 1P web extension now open up in a floating window that is nowhere near my mouse (after pressing the 1P icon on the Firefox address bar)? Under 1P 6, clicking the 1P icon brought up a static drop-down with the current site's login RIGHT THERE - I didn't have to move my mouse all over the screen to find it. Of course, the new floating window is poorly designed, with lots of extraneous information that is confusing and distracting. I just need the current site's login and my identity and credit card sub menus. The cursor defaults to the "Search" field...WHY? Isn't 1P supposed to know from the URL which login I need? Why not put focus there? Okay, but let's say I've now moved my mouse all the way to the floating 1P extension popup...now, where the hell is the "x" to close the popup? The only thing at the top is a search field and a gear. HOW can you throw out standard app conventions and get rid of the "close" and "minimize" buttons (there may be reasons I want to do that rather than filling the password!) As Tim Cook says, "The interface just gets out of your way"!! Here's a hint...we need the interface! Please.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• Jacob
    Options

Hey @scoobydoo88! Glad you posted here so we can help turn that sigh into a "yay", or something of the sort. :glasses:

WHY does the 1P web extension now open up in a floating window that is nowhere near my mouse (after pressing the 1P icon on the Firefox address bar)?

1Password mini has been redesigned in 1Password 7, and it's a little larger, but you can still resize the window if you'd like by dragging one of its edges like you would any other window in a macOS app. Learn more about the new 1Password mini.

Under 1P 6, clicking the 1P icon brought up a static drop-down with the current site's login RIGHT THERE - I didn't have to move my mouse all over the screen to find it. Of course, the new floating window is poorly designed, with lots of extraneous information that is confusing and distracting. I just need the current site's login and my identity and credit card sub menus. The cursor defaults to the "Search" field...WHY? Isn't 1P supposed to know from the URL which login I need? Why not put focus there?

When you open 1Password mini on a website, using Option \ or by clicking the 1Password icon in the menu bar or your browser's toolbar, it will open and show Login items for that website at the top of the list. You can then fill them just like you did before. This shouldn't be any different in the new mini than it was in the old one, so long as you have the 1Password extension installed.

You can also navigate the new 1Password mini with arrow keys just like you did the old one. :)

Okay, but let's say I've now moved my mouse all the way to the floating 1P extension popup...now, where the hell is the "x" to close the popup? The only thing at the top is a search field and a gear. HOW can you throw out standard app conventions and get rid of the "close" and "minimize" buttons (there may be reasons I want to do that rather than filling the password!)

Click anywhere outside 1Password mini, press its shortcut on your keyboard, or press escape to close it.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I'm sorry for the confusion you've experienced as a result of the new 1Password mini. I don't believe any previous versions had a "close" button for mini either, and oddly enough I don't recall that coming up before. We'll continue to iterate on the new version over time though, so we'll take your feedback into account along with that of others as we go. Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.