Fingerprint Unlock not working

Olympian
Olympian
Community Member

Hi,

When I try to turn on the Fingerprint Unlock option, I get the popup to Enable Fingerprint/Cancel. I apply my fingerprint and the popup disappears but the option never turns on and a fingerprint unlock is never offered.

Fingerprint unlocks the phone (Samsung A5 2017) as normal.

Steve.

1Password Version: 6.8
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Android 8.0.0
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:Ver 6.8 Fingerprint Unlock not working

Comments

• Hi @Olympian. I'd like to ask you to create a diagnostics report from your Android device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports (Android)

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/91742/fingerprint-unlock-not-working#latest
    • Your forum username: Olympian

That way we can "connect the dots" when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Once we see the diagnostics we'll be able to better assist you. Thanks very much!

• Olympian
    Olympian
    Community Member

I tried this again and after about 20 attempts it did unlock successfully once. I foolishly switched fingerprint unlock again and it's not working again.

This is strange as Fingerprint unlocks the phone instantly and it is clearly recognised as the 1Password Enable Fingerprint/Cancel popup does disappear immediately, but the feature does not get switched on.

Diagnostics sent as requested.

Steve.

• Thanks! We'll take a look and get back to you shortly. :)

• kstrauss
    kstrauss
    Community Member

I am having the same issue

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User]
    Community Member

If it that you configured your fingerprint yet it still makes you use your master password every time?

Or is it that the fingerprint prompt does appear but does not accept your fingerprint?

I experience the 1st issue with either PIN or fingerprint. This happens because I habitually clear apps from the Android recent apps menu. I would assume you shouldn't have to keep 1Password persistently in your recent apps list to have it utilize fingerprint or PIN login.

• Hi @kstrauss. Are you using Fingerprint Unlock or a PIN code to unlock 1Password? With Fingerprint Unlock, you'll be prompted for the fingerprint after swiping 1Password closed from the recent apps list. However, PIN code unlocking doesn't work the same way. When you enable a PIN code, you'll be prompted for it while the app is unlocked and running in the background, but if you exit it from the recents list, it will prompt you for the Master Password next time you launch.

This discussion has been closed.