Chrome browser extension not syncing to Windows Desktop App or iOS

Options

I used Chrome 's 1Password browser extension to change a password, and saved the new password using the Update Password window, but the change will not sync to the desktop client, or to iOS. I've also noticed that the password saved in the 1Password extension, reverts back to the one saved on the Desktop client and in iOS.
This password is not saved in Chrome's native password storage mechanism.
It's getting very confusing!
I have uninstalled, and then reinstalled both the Chrome extension, and the iOS app. Please help! I have also being speaking to @1Password on Twitter - but not getting anywhere. Could I sent my logs to you?

1Password Version: 7.00.55 8
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password Membership

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sally_agile,

I am sorry to hear you are having troubles with 1Password!

1Password extension in the browser doesn't have any information about your account and it requires 1Password app to communicate with. That is why I am surprised to hear that the Login item you saved with the help of 1Password extension is not saved in 1Password app. To get a better idea of your setup, I'd like to ask you to create a Diagnostics Report from your PC and iOS device:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Report in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number. Please post that number here so we can track down the report and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

• sally_agile
    sally_agile
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Greg

Many thanks - I've just emailed across both of my reports (2 separate emails)
    The response ID for the PC diagnostics was [#BXU-32124-499]. I have not received an automated response ID for the iOS report - please do let me know if I should send this again.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

best wishes
    Sally

• sally_agile
    sally_agile
    Community Member
    Options

and another ID number [#ISE-82325-817]

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @sally_agile,

Found your reports! We will take a look and get back to you via email. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: BXU-32124-499

This discussion has been closed.