Annoying 1Pwd pop up windows on detecting new username

Options
Malakof
Malakof
Community Member
edited May 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

Is there any way to stop window popping up whenever your enter anything that ressemble a password when you re logged out? it's really annoying (chrome).

Generally speaking is there anyway to stop windows popping up all over the screen? a notification on toolbar button would be enough but the option "Detect passwords and offer to save them" doesn't offer this choice.

On a side note i noticed this "register detection" mechanic is quite weak, many times you have to edit manually the entry after you register to a new site, which completely break the purpose of the feature on top of the problem above.

Also when i launch chrome browser i can see a windows popping opening and closing, even if it seems to bear no consequences that feels weird though...

1Password Version: 7.0.53
Extension Version: 4.7.1.4
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Is there any way to stop window popping up whenever your enter anything that ressemble a password when you re logged out? it's really annoying (chrome).

@Malakof: If you don't want 1Password to offer to save logins, you can disable the "Detect new usernames and passwords and offer to save them" feature in 1Password Settings (F9) > Browsers.

On a side note i noticed this "register detection" mechanic is quite weak, many times you have to edit manually the entry after you register to a new site, which completely break the purpose of the feature on top of the problem above.

I'm not sure what you're referring to here. "register detection"? Can you elaborate?

Also when i launch chrome browser i can see a windows popping opening and closing, even if it seems to bear no consequences that feels weird though...

That definitely doesn't sound like 1Password. Could you please clarify what you're seeing? If it's simpler, take a screenshot of this. To include it in your reply, simply click the document button in the top of the comment field, and select the file you wish to share:

Just be sure not to post anything sensitive, as this is a public forum. Thanks in advance!

• Malakof
    Malakof
    Community Member
    Options

I know this option, however if i deactivate it, 1Password is not saving pwd anymore at all, right?

When i enter real new pwd i want to save it if i m logged in 1Password, but for all the other stuff, specifically otp, i don't want 1password to pop up every single otp i enter. I know when i want to save a pwd so a reminder on button would be enough that allow to save the last login entered.

By register i mean register to a website, when you have to fill some fields, and pwd confirmation etc...

• When i enter real new pwd i want to save it if i m logged in 1Password

@Malakof: I think we're overlooking some intricacies of your trouble are you having issues with extraneous save dialogues when 1Password is locked, by chance? 1Password doesn't turn autosave on and off based upon whether or not its unlocked and still will offer to save any credentials you enter while it's locked. If there are particular domains where you never want it to save a Login, you can exclude those domains in Settings > Browsers.

for all the other stuff, specifically otp, i don't want 1password to pop up every single otp i enter.

As for the dialogues when you enter OTPs, I'm going to echo Brenty's sentiments here and say that this distinctly doesn't sound like 1Password unless you really drew a bad lot with the sites you use. I make liberal use of OTPs and haven't once had 1Password prompt me to save when entering them to my recollection. That said, it's often helpful if we can take a look at an example. Is there a site where you're seeing a save dialogue after entering an OTP you're willing to share?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Malakof: Indeed, but also even if you disable autosave because you don't like it, you can always save a login manually using the browser extension. The only thing that changes is that 1Password won't bug you to save in that case. :)

• Malakof
    Malakof
    Community Member
    Options

I am still experiencing 1pwd pop ups for every OTP with online banking (kasikornbank is one). Very annoying when you have to do 10 bank transfers in a row. On another online banking site (https://mon.compte-nickel.fr) it's even worse: every time you click on a number to enter password 1pwd pop up shows, 6 digits = 6 popups and it screws up the login page, no matter what you get back to enter username... I had to deinstall 1pwd extension to be able to log in !

Overall new login detection is SYSTEMATICALLY wrong (either the username or the pwd is not assigned properly). You save a login, just to realize when you return to the website that username or password is wrong. This happens systematically for 2 step logins or when a website is checking username availability. Then you have to edit the login manually, test it, logout, login... If you actually use your software you must know that.

@brenty why the hell you have to save a pwd BEFORE you login? When you save a pwd you want to make sure it's correct and for that you have to log in....

Guys, i moved to 1pwd from lastpass because i thought it was better, but seriously you have to do your homework, check out their login detection and do the same. I am considering moving back to lastpass, UI is not fancy as 1pwd but at least it works and doesn't prevent me to log in to my banking website.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @Malakof,

I am sorry to hear about your experience with 1Password!

If you have Login items for your banks saved in 1Password already, please try to add their domains to Autosave exception list, so 1Password would not ask you to save/update your Login item for these websites:

Does the issue with popup remain after that? Moreover, we have a guide on how you can save your Login item for the websites with username and password split across multiple pages, please check it out:

Sign in to websites with username and password split across multiple pages

Let me know how it goes. We are using 1Password ourselves, but the behaviour of 1Password extension depends on the websites that you are visiting. The issues with it are website-specific and we need to investigate each website separately.

Thank you!

++
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.