2SV Suggestion [Emergency Kit and In-App]

gazu
gazu
Community Member

I have a suggestion for the developers, please:

• introduce the ability to "Show 2SV Secret" within the apps like you can with the Secret Key.
  • update the Emergency Kit to have a writing space for it

I realise you guys can deactivate the 2SV because it's authentication (not encryption) but it'd still be nice to have the ability to see it along with the QR code for backup purposes.

Thank you :)

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @gazu,

Thank you for your suggestions! :+1:

If you enable 2FA for your 1Password account, we recommend you to use a different authenticator app to store the codes. It means that 1Password app on your device does not have your 2FA Secret code and is unable to show it to you alongside your Secret Key.

Although 1Password can be used to store one-time passwords for other services where you use two-factor authentication, it’s important to use a different authenticator app to store the authentication codes for your 1Password account. Storing them in 1Password would be like putting the key to a safe inside of the safe itself.

As for your second question, could you please elaborate what are you planning to write down on your Emergency Kit document? Your feedback will be really helpful and we will consider it. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• gazu
    gazu
    Community Member

As for your second question, could you please elaborate what are you planning to write down on your Emergency Kit document?

@Greg I was thinking of the one-time password secret - the sequence you get if you ignore the QR code. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

That makes sense. Thanks for the feedback! :)

This discussion has been closed.