1P.com *and* Local Vault?

mrpoetry
mrpoetry
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Families

I have a 1Password.com account, which both I (El Capitan and iPad Pro) and my wife (Win10) sync to. I also have an Android (Galaxy Note 3) running KitKat (4.4.2), which I don't want to upgrade. On the Note 3, I know 1P won't sync with 1P.com. I'd be happy to directly sync (using GoodSync, or something like that) the Note 3 to a 1P local vault on my Macbook Pro. I'm wondering how 1P.com and a local vault on my Mac would feel about each other: would they be on speaking terms? For example, let's say my wife creates a password and saves the new login. That new login syncs to our 1P.com account. My Mac automatically syncs with 1P.com, and now I have access to the new login. If I also had a local vault, how would the new login get into that local vault? If I use a synced local vault on my Note 3, can I create a new login on my Note 3 and sync it back to the local vault on my Mac, and additionally, have that new login sync to our 1P.com account?

1Password Version: 6.6.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.11.6
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:sync

ref: BBN-25979-576

Comments

• mrpoetry
    mrpoetry
    Community Member

I have a 1Password.com account, which both I (El Capitan and iPad Pro) and my wife (Win10) sync to. I also have an Android (Galaxy Note 3) running KitKat (4.4.2), which I don't want to upgrade. On the Note 3, I know 1P won't sync with 1P.com, because my Android OS is too old. I'd be happy to directly sync (using GoodSync, or something like that) the Note 3 to a 1P local vault on my Macbook Pro.

So, I'm wondering how 1P.com and a local vault on my Mac would feel about each other: would they be on speaking terms? For example, let's say my wife creates a password in Win10 and saves the new login. That new login syncs to our 1P.com account. My Mac automatically syncs with 1P.com, and now I have access to the new login. If I also had a local vault, how would the new login get into that local vault?

Also, if I use a synced local vault on my Note 3, and I create a new login on my Note 3, I assume it will sync with the local vault on my Mac; how can that new login get synced from the local vault on my Mac to our 1P.com account?

1Password Version: 6.6.4 (on Mac)
    Extension Version: Not Provided
    OS Version: Not Provided
    Sync Type: Not Provided
    Referrer: forum-search:sync

• Hey @ mrpoetry,

You can definitely have both your 1Password membership vaults and a local vault in the 1Password apps at the same time - that'll work fine. They won't, however, automatically transfer items between each other. In the scenario that you laid out, you'd need to manually move or copy the item from the 1Password membership vault to the local vault for it to be synced to your Android device. If you move it, then it won't be in the 1Password membership vault anymore, whereas if you copy it, it'll be in both vaults, however changes to either of the two items won't sync to the other. Similarly, any items that you create on your Android device would have to be moved or copied into your 1Password membership vault.

I'm sorry there isn't any better way to do this...the only way to have your Android device have all the most up to date 1Password data automatically would be to upgrade it so that you can sign in with your 1Password membership account.

Let us know if you have any more questions!

This discussion has been closed.