Sharing passwords with kids

Options
btownguy
btownguy
Community Member

I’m on the fence about this. I have certain passwords that would be incredibly useful to share with my kids (Netflix, WiFi, DirecTV) but I worry. My teen has several video streaming apps that need the DirecTV password periodically (it expires SMH). But there is no way I want my kid to have the ability to go into my DirecTV account online and make changes to the account. Same with Netflix.

I don’t guess there is a solution in 1Password for this. Maybe it’s more of a feature request for streaming providers to provide streaming-only sub-credentials. Is anyone aware of anything like this?

Comments

• Meek
    Options

Hey @ btownguy, I totally understand your concern. Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do from our side to help with this, as it is completely up to the streaming service in question. As far as we support, you can only choose to share the password or not. If the password also get's you into the account management side of things, then 1Password can't rely prevent it from being used there too.

I completely agree with you that it would be great for streaming services to support this!

This discussion has been closed.