Vault filter should not be shared between main 1Password app and 1Password mini/Extension

Options
finwe
finwe
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I have found a bit annoying feature of 1Password 7:

• I select a vault in main 1Password app so I can better see its items
  • I do what I need to do, minimize the app
  • Browsing random websites, need to sign in somewhere
  • Open the 1Password mini via the Firefox add-on icon
  • The login list is empty, because the vault filter was shared across the apps and the site I'm on is not in the particular vault

Then I have to think for a few seconds about what is happening, then select All Vaults, and then only can I see my login item.

Would it be possible to change this behaviour so that the mini app always select from all vaults? Make it configurable, perhaps?

1Password Version: 7.1.566
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Windows 7
Sync Type: Dropbox+1Password account

Comments

• MikeT
    Options

Hi @finwe,

Thanks for reporting this.

Unfortunately, this is not something we plan to change nor offer an option. First, there's no separate 1Password app or mini, they're just just different views of the same process.

We've tried this in the past and it led to far more confusion because people were filling from the wrong vault they expected to be the the vault in the main app.

There is one feature that we haven't implemented yet, which is the default vault to view when opening 1Password. Right now, 1Password on Windows default to last used view whereas on macOS, there's an option to always default to All Vaults, a specific vault or last used vault. We plan to add this to the Windows version as well in the future. It doesn't really address your issue because you can switch vault in the main interface but it does when you open 1Password mini first without changing vault.

• finwe
    finwe
    Community Member
    Options

HI, @MikeT,

sad to hear that. Thanks for the quick answer anyway.

• MikeT
    Options

You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.