"Could not encrypt your data", and showing data not secured by master password

lieut_data
lieut_data
Community Member
I opened up the 1Password app today (after having opened it several days ago), and got the popup error "Cannot save changes. 1Password could not encrypt your data. Please restart 1Password and try again."

If I hit close, I get the popup again. The second time I hit close, I'm prompted for my unlock code, which, when entered, brought me to the last pane I had opened. It happened to be the details pane for one of my accounts, that listed (in clear text) my password. I was not prompted for my master password in order to see this information! This account is normally protected by my master password.

After backing out, I *was* prompted for my master password, and while I continued to get the pop-up errors, I couldn't access information without entering my master password.

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    edited September 2011
    Please try restarting your device by holding down both the Home and Sleep buttons simultaneously for at least 10 seconds until the Apple logo appears.

The time delay for the master password prompt can be adjusted in 1Password.app > Settings > Security. It sounds like you do not have "Lock when inactive" enabled, and the time you have set to lock the master password protected items had not elapsed since you last entered your master password.

You can either choose to "Lock when inactive" or use a shorter timeout.

20110903-jebjqnbwhi5kykdtny6ugh5c7q.png
This discussion has been closed.