Licence for 1Password 7

13»

Comments

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@Sefer: Clicking the "read only" message also gives the option to purchase since the 21st. :(

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@jimger: It isn't possible given that app stores are all controlled by different companies, but that does sound about right if it were.

It's really per platform per user. Since I'm the only user I'm buying for, that's why I referred to it that way. :)

@rickyp784: You can also add "per major version".

I meant for each of the separate licenses for Android, MacOS, and Windows.

Gotcha. But given that it's never been possible to purchase all of those together in a bundle, I'm not sure I agree with "triple the price". To me, at least, that suggests that we've increased the price by 200%. But indeed, it's just a matter of purchasing the specific versions you need, which is how it's always been.

Evidently, they do...mostly. I didn't know we could use our own sync partner. I thought users were required to use 1password.com for a subscription! My mistake (thanks for pointing that out, @jimger). You folks really should point that out better under the FAQ on this page.

I don't think we're going to do that. Other than getting all of the apps, pretty much every other benefit of 1Password.com memberships won't be possible if someone uses their own custom sync setup. For that reason, it's not something we'd recommend.

That said, I'm still somewhat annoyed that there's a perpetual monthly fee instead of a one-time purchase, but considering the cost savings of the membership vs. licenses (plus free upgrades), I'd say it's a fair trade off. However, I would still prefer a multi-platform, one-user license that could possibly be offered for, say, $50 or $60. That's still a premium over the ~$36/year for an individual subscription.

A license that Microsoft, Apple, and Google would all honour does not exist and probably never will. If you feel that 1Password.com is a good value already just because of the apps, we're doing something right. But we'll keep working to add even more great stuff so hopefully you'll enjoy it even more in the future. Cheers! :)

• SeferSefer
    edited June 2018

@brenty

I said already that I wasn't able to do anything for 1 and a half week, meaning NO ACCESS to my windows pc. Also there WASN'T any kind of notification! The first time I posted here AFTER the 25th was also the time my 1Pass went into read-only mode (a few days after when I got home and started my PC. This was also the first time I got a notification about the ending of the beta... thanks for nothing I guess).

You noticed how many people are left in the same state? You simply betrayed us.

Still waiting for your support to reply :-(

• brentybrenty

Team Member
    edited June 2018

I said already that I wasn't able to do anything for 1 and a half week, meaning NO ACCESS to my windows pc. Also there WASN'T any kind of notification! The first time I posted here AFTER the 25th was also the time my 1Pass went into read-only mode (a few days after when I got home and started my PC. This was also the first time I got a notification about the ending of the beta... thanks for nothing I guess).

@Sefer: The beta purchase option was available in the app when you used it on the 25th. You would have been able to purchase a license from the "read only" notice at that time.

You noticed how many people are left in the same state? You simply betrayed us.

Betrayed how? From your own comments it sounds like you still had days to purchase after you were back at your computer before the beta ended.

Still waiting for your support to reply :-(

As far as I can tell, the sales team is still waiting for you email. I know they'll be happy to help in any way they can.

• jcbrownjcbrown Junior Member

How and Where Can I Purchase 1Password 7 Standalone License?

• brentybrenty

Team Member

@jcbrown: If you install the latest version and use it with only local vaults — no 1Password.com account — you'll be prompted to purchase a license right in the app:

https://1password.com/downloads/

I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

13»

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file