1PW 7 crashes on Win7 Pro 32bit

Scav77
Scav77
Community Member
edited June 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

The 1PW App is working. When I start my FireFox or Chrome Browser the App crashes (see screenshot)

I concerns to all desktop versions above 6.8.534
I'm using Win7Pro 32bit with all updates installed.
Downgrading to 6.8.534 solves the problem.

1Password Version: 7.x
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Win7Pro x86
Sync Type: 1PW Account

Comments

• Scav77
    Scav77
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

How can I disable automatic update to version 7.0.x?

EDIT: Update to 7.1.x seems to solve the problem. The 1Password.NativeMessagingHost terminates sometimes and restarts causing very high cpu and memory usage.

After several mintutes:

• Hi @Scav77,

Thanks for reporting this.

It shouldn't restart at all when updating but that does explain why it happened. That process is from 1Password 6.8, not 1Password 7, we use 1Password.exe only in 1Password 7.

Can you tell me what anti-malware solution you're using? We've seen this sometime with anti-malware solution scanning files being replaced when updating.

• Scav77
    Scav77
    Community Member

Hi @MikeT ,
    I'm using ESET Internet Security 11.1.x.
    How can I complete remove V6.8? I've removed 1Password and reinstalled it, but the uninstaller doesn't remove everything.

• Hi @Scav77,

The uninstaller isn't supposed to remove everything, that's intentional as your 1Password data is never touched.

If you do not see this folder: %LOCALAPPDATA%\1Password\app\6 then you're all cleaned up.

For the future reference, all you have to do to uninstall 1Password is uninstall it via Control Panel and that's generally it. Note that if you have multiple accounts on the computer, you have to do it in each account.

This discussion has been closed.