Find the password.

stevemoran
stevemoran
Community Member

I’m trying to use the saving and filling passwords.
Help instructions say “select the Passwords category.
I don’t see anything named Passwords category.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Find the password. Your help instructions say 1 Open and unlock 1Password. 2 Select the Passwords category. That would be fine except there doesn’t appear to be any Passwords Category. Now what?

Comments

• hawkmoth
    hawkmoth
    Community Member

The Passwords category only shows after your have created a new password. Records in that category, though, are created automatically to store a new password, if for some reason it doesn't get added to the record in one of the other 1Password categories. It's only there as a safeguard.

The following assumes an iPhone, but except for the location of the + sign to add a new entry, the rest should be the same for an iPad. In your 1Password application, there should be an icon like a file cabinet with the word Categories under it. If you tap that, your existing categories will show up. (It's now been so long since I began using this that I am not sure whether categories with no entries show up or not. If you want to create a new record, tap the + sign in the top right corner. You will then be asked to tap a category where your new record will reside. So, for example, if you are saving credentials to login to a web site, you would select Login for the category.

Once you new or revised record is saved and your are satisfied that the information is accurate and works properly, you may go the the Passwords category and delete the entry for the new password you just made.

I hope this is helpful and that I have not misunderstood your question. Post back if you have more questions, or even just to let us know that things are now working.

• I hope hawkmoth’s answer helped. If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.