after updating from 1P 6 to 7 I miss the little lock to lock the app quickly. Chance for a comeback

Options
ruhrgold
ruhrgold
Community Member
edited May 2018 in Mac

After updating 1P from 6 to 7 on macos, I miss the little lock symbol which has been in the upper right corner to lock the app quickly. Is there a chance for a comeback?

Greetings

1Password Version: 7.0.1
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: 10.12.6
Sync Type: dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:after updating from 1P 6 to 7 (macOS) I miss the lock symbol to lock the app quickly

ref: UUN-33785-159

Comments

• ag_kevin
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi @ruhrgold ,

I'll send your feedback along to the rest of the team. I'm assuming you know about the Lock command in the 1Password 7 menu. To be honest, I kind of miss it too. With the UI changes, the Lock button didn't seem to belong there any more so it had to be removed. But we can certainly look into bringing it back there, or another location. I can't say for sure this will happen, but the request will be considered.

Cheers,
    Kevin

• ruhrgold
    ruhrgold
    Community Member
    Options

Hi Kevin,

and thanks for your answer! I knew about the lock command, but clicking is faster 😉

Greetings

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @ruhrgold I'll add that there is a keyboard shortcut, Control‑Option‑Command‑L by default (but customizable in Preferences!). That's probably even faster. ;)

• wusticality
    wusticality
    Community Member
    Options

I too really, really, really miss the lock button, it's really frustrating that it has been removed. I clicked it all the time and can't use most shortcut keys as I'm an Emacs developer and have so many keybindings for editing code ..

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for the input @wusticality! Hopefully you can spare one keyboard shortcut for now at least, and we will consider bringing back that lock button if we can in the future.

This discussion has been closed.