Auto updating bug, with crash reporter active.

thightower
thightower
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I noticed something that I feel many users would like changed or more correctly you may like changed. I had a crash of 1P, specifically I found my keyboard shortcut not working. So I attempted to re-set the default shortcut cmd - \ I then experienced a crash, I was in the middle of filling out the crash report when an auto update came in. I figure this is due to the crash and 1Password restarting. Anyway after the auto update the crash reporter came back up but with all text removed as a blank report.

To be honest, I simply didn't want to type the details again. While I am being totally honest here, I tried to give as much info as I could and it went poof, so I sent a blank report. :(

I really believe that the auto update should hold, while a crash report window is open and only proceed once that window is closed. At least archive the entered text if possible ? Or ask to submit the report prior to the update proceeding. You all are way smarter than I I know you can come up with a solution.

Now I am aware that the crash may not be relevant after the update. I still think you should not just throw away potentially valuable data that way. my 2¢.. Now I have purposely disabled auto updating because of this.

• Posted in beta topic as this is more of a change behavior request. Hopefully we will not be seeing the crash reporter that often. :)

1Password Version: 7.0.3
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1Password.com

Comments

• Hey @thightower! Thanks for letting us know about this. There are a few improvements the auto updater needs for stuff like this, and I'll forward this one to the team. :)

This discussion has been closed.