Feature Request : 1P Beta 7 : Password Generator Shortcut

go2jo
go2jo
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

I'm really starting to love the new Beta 7, especially with the new unified password window in the last update. I'm using the ⌘⇧ -\ a lot more now that I'm updating ALL my passwords. I only wish there were a keyboard shortcut to bring up the 1P window to the Password generator without having to click on its tab, or use the arrow keys to navigate to its tab, and once open to be able to just hit the Return or Enter to generate a new password with the criteria I have set up for my default passwords. That's high up on m wishlist ... hope it's on yours. 🙂

1Password Version: 7.0BETA-18 (70000018)
Extension Version: 4.7.1b4
OS Version: 10.13.4
Sync Type: 1P Cloud

Comments

• @go2jo,

I can definitely get behind keyboard shortcuts to move between suggested items/favorites/spg, and i've already put up a code change for return to trigger the fill/copy button.

Rudy

• hello_benjamin_75
    hello_benjamin_75
    Community Member

I'd just like to jump in here and agree! A shortcut that opened 1Password Mini to a newly generated password (and then allowed return to fill it) would be great for when I create a new login. The existing "Fill Login on current web page" (Command‑Backslash) shortcut already works great for existing logins.

• @hello_benjamin_75,

The return should be in 7.0.2, we're still mulling a best approach to jumping between sidebar entries.

Rudy

• go2jo
    go2jo
    Community Member

Why not just add the ability to add personalized keyboard commands in the 1P prefs like you do with opening Mini, or Fill Login in a password. You can do separate commands for opening directly to the Generator mini window tab, and one for generating a new password without the window opening—like you can fill in a password without Mini opening. Just keep it simple & consistent with what's there now, just add 2 more prefs fields for user changeable keyboard commands. I chose ⌥ ⇧ \ and ⌃ ⌥ ⌘ \ for opening to the Generator Mini tab & generating a password (without opening Mini), respectively. Just a thought ....

• @go2jo,

That list would get really long really quick. The more likely scenario is that we would put a menu item into the standard 1Password menus which could then be customized from System Preferences -> Keyboard -> Shortcuts.

Rudy

• go2jo
    go2jo
    Community Member

@rudy Sounds good to me! As long as it's callable & customizable ... it's all good! 👍

• :+1: :)

This discussion has been closed.