1Password and 1Password Mini Consistently Slow to Open

Options

Hi there, both the full app and the chrome extension take about 5-15 seconds to open, and then only work sometimes.
This can be sometimes be fixed by restarting 1password mini helper or rebooting my computer, but the issue always starts up again.

I'm currently running the latest version of Chrome: Version 67.0.3396.79

1Password Version: 7.1.562
Extension Version: 4.7.1.4
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

Same issue here on Firefox.

Can you tell me if you have WFC (Windows Firewall Control) installed https://www.binisoft.org/wfc

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

Guys I did a fresh install of Windows 10. Then just installed Firefox 60.0.2 and 1Password 7

After locking my pc and coming back 1Password 7 is still laggy or slow to open sometimes. :( Like I said 1Password 6.8 works beautifully on the same system.

• adam_shapira
    adam_shapira
    Community Member
    Options

I don't have Windows Firewall Control installed. Honestly, it's hard to pinpoint exactly what is causing this because sometimes it works and sometimes it's laggy.

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

@adam_shapira ok good. Then it can't be that.

Honestly I think it is 1Password 7 because I am back on 1Password 6.8 (Where I will stay until it is fixed) Thank god for images !

I agree with you it is hard to pinpoint exactly that is causing it. That is why I went back to a fresh install of Windows 10 to find out if anything was causing it. Nope.

The only difference we both have is you use Chrome and I use Firefox at least with browsers.

Let me know if you figure out anything please! Thanks.

Also when did you start noticing this happening please ?

• adam_shapira
    adam_shapira
    Community Member
    Options

It's been happening for weeks. And I might try to go back to a previous version because otherwise
    I'm at the point where I'm just going to use a different password manager.
    So a clean install of 1password and Windows didn't fix it for you? @ttim03

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options
  • @adam_shapira: ttim03 had mentioned in another thread that it seems to happen when waking from sleep – would you say your experience is similar?

• MikeT
    Options

Hi guys,

We've tried waking up on a few different computers and a few other things, nothing caused 1Password to lag in Firefox or any other browser, except for Edge, which has its own limitation due to the UWP suspension model. We're still investigating but we need more data to work with as we've seen only 3-4 reports of this.

Can you guys email us your system configuration reports (guide to create one) at support@1Password.com, it'd give us more complete picture of your computer setup including its hardware. There may be something else involved, we've seen a lot of visual glitches caused by Intel graphic drivers in Windows 10 April 2018, maybe there's a common software linking on both systems that could pinpoint this.

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @MikeT I did just that! Though I have a EVGA Nvidia video card.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thank you @ttim03,

We've found it on our side and will take a look. :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: AZM-36461-421

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

@Greg what do you mean you all found it on yalls side ? Thanks. I am hoping this mean you all found the issue or culprit!

• ttim03
    ttim03
    Community Member
    Options

@Greg thank you!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@ttim03: What I meant is that we found your system configuration report. We will get back to you via email. Thanks!

++
    Greg

• adam_shapira
    adam_shapira
    Community Member
    Options

@MikeT About to send over my system report as well. I'll re-state the issues in the email.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @adam_shapira,

Thank you for the system report! We are gathering info about this issue now, as it is hard to reproduce. We will get back to you via email.

Thanks again!

Cheers,
    Greg

ref: PMR-51234-826

This discussion has been closed.