7.0558 update changed my vault back to the old one and reverted to old pwd

When I opened 1PW today on my main desktop, I got a message that 1PW had just been updated. I closed the message and typed in my 1PW password. It was not recognized. I tried again twice more. Then, I decided to try my previous 1PW password. That worked, although another window popped up asking for some confirmation information. I tried both 1PW passwords, but they didn't work. I went back to look at what I got when I signed in. I found that I was in my old 1PW account. My shared vault was available, so I moved to that. The icon looks different- a big blue flag and a little blue flag to the right, with the title "Shared" with my person vault name under it.

When I signed in to Support and changed my Support pwd, 1PW asked if I want to save it, just like it should. After fiddling around for a while in the big 1PW window, the Secure Notes and Logins screens began to work - showing the item lists and selected items. I think this is probably an independent problem, because I've seen it before.

1Password Version: 7.0558
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10 version 1709
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:7.0558 update changed my vault back to the old one and reverted to old pwd

Comments

• @jennymom: I'm sorry for the confusion and am glad you were able to sort it out! That can be scary stuff and definitely isn't something we want to be happening. :blush: To make sure I'm on the right page here – was an extra 1Password account available in your app after this update, or had the password that unlocks your app just changed? I have a few ideas of things to look at here, but I want to make sure I'm properly understanding what you saw before I jump into investigating things. Thanks! :chuffed:

• jennymom
    jennymom
    Community Member

Thank you bundkate. I still do not have the situation sorted out, but I'm able to function by doing different things on almost all my different computers. I have fingerprint sign-in on my iPhone. I use my new password on my Surface. I use my old password on my main desktop, which continues to complain about an authentication error for my account. On a second desktop, 1Password refuses the browser (Chrome) connection altogether. To complicate matters, I have a family account but don't actually need one. I should change back, but the situation is too unstable right now, as you can see.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi @jennymom,

I am sorry to hear that it got really confusing!

Before we proceed with any instructions, we need to understand your current setup on all devices. That is why I would like to ask you to create Diagnostics Reports from all of your devices, where you have 1Password. Here is how you can do that:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email messages addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post them here, but please do include a link to this thread in your emails, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your reports in our inbox. You should receive automated replies from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID numbers. Please post those numbers here (if you have several of them) so we can track down the reports on our side.

Thank you very much in advance! I will be looking forward to your email.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.