1Password 7 crashes on Windows 10

Options

Hi, just bought a family membership and installed 1Password 7.1.567 on a Windows 10 Surface (Version 1803).
The application opens for a few seconds and then it crashes, all the time - including the browser plugin.

Here is the log from the Event viewer:

Application: 1Password.exe
Framework Version: v4.0.30319
Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception.
Exception Info: System.UnauthorizedAccessException
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, Int32, Boolean, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(System.String, System.IO.FileMode, System.IO.FileAccess, System.IO.FileShare, Int32, System.IO.FileOptions, System.String, Boolean, Boolean, Boolean)
at System.IO.StreamWriter.CreateFile(System.String, Boolean, Boolean)
at System.IO.StreamWriter..ctor(System.String, Boolean, System.Text.Encoding, Int32, Boolean)
at System.IO.File.InternalWriteAllText(System.String, System.String, System.Text.Encoding, Boolean)
at System.IO.File.WriteAllText(System.String, System.String)
at AgileBits.OnePassword.SettingsWriteThread+d__0.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(System.Threading.Tasks.Task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.GetResult()
at AgileBits.OnePassword.BackgroundThread+d__6.MoveNext()
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.AsyncMethodBuilderCore+<>c.b__6_1(System.Object)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.WaitCallback_Context(System.Object)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.RunInternal(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(System.Threading.ExecutionContext, System.Threading.ContextCallback, System.Object, Boolean)
at System.Threading.QueueUserWorkItemCallback.System.Threading.IThreadPoolWorkItem.ExecuteWorkItem()
at System.Threading.ThreadPoolWorkQueue.Dispatch()
at System.Threading._ThreadPoolWaitCallback.PerformWaitCallback()

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: 1Password sync

Comments

• luciano72
    luciano72
    Community Member
    Options

I have deleted the C:\Users\xxx\AppData\Local\1password folder, reinstalled the app and everything works now.
    The 1password log was complaining about being unable to access the /data folder.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @luciano72,

Thank you for keeping us posted! I am glad to hear that reinstallation worked.

It sounds like 1Password 7 crashed on your Surface due to corrupted installation. Are you using any kind of AV/anti-malware software on this computer? Please let me know. Thank you!

Cheers,
    Greg

• luciano72
    luciano72
    Community Member
    Options

Hey Greg,
    no, no AV. But, I had a previous installation of 1P 4. I have uninstalled 1P 4 and installed 1P 7. I assume that created some issues with folder permissions.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@luciano72: Ah, that's it! Thank you for clarification. :+1:

I hope you will like 1Password 7, but please feel free to reach out to us anytime in the future, we are always here for you.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.