Sync Problem between iPhone and Mac

Options
s2krish
s2krish
Community Member

I have:
1. iPhone7+ and and iPassword 7.0.6 App.
2. 1Password App in Mac Version 6.8.8 (688001)

When I try to sync via WiFi, it says "Please disable and enable WLAN Server and then try again".

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: WLAN

Comments

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @s2krish! Sorry to hear you're having trouble with WLAN sync. Try following our troubleshooting steps here, and if those don't help, your best bet is to switch to a more reliable sync method.

• s2krish
    s2krish
    Community Member
    Options

Not those troubleshooting steps helped.

I see you guys are ditching WLAN sync to prompt user to membership. Hate that - all sensitive goes to your cloud, and at any point it's vulnerable..

Discourage me to use 1Password membership, and 1Password may be in future.

• s2krish
    s2krish
    Community Member
    Options

Oh and one of the reason, I choose 1Password over LastPass because it store data locally. I control the vault storage. I am very sad that you guys are recommending to membership which also means store our password in your public cloud :P.

• Ben
    Options

That’s not exactly the case. I do apologize that we’re unable to troubleshoot WLAN sync outside the scope of that document. With 1Password membership your data is encrypted locally before being sent to 1Password.com. The 1Password.com service has no ability to decrypt the data that it receives. We have a guide that explains this here:

About the 1Password security model

We also have an in-depth white paper available if you really want to understand what happens behind the scenes:

http://1pw.ca/whitepaper

Additionally my colleage Kyle just wrote an excellent reply to similar concerns here:

https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/comment/442507/#Comment_442507

I hope that helps!

Ben

This discussion has been closed.