mini open and fill on the website field not working in chrome

mlebarron
mlebarron
Community Member
edited April 2023 in 1Password 3 – 7 for Mac

When viewing details, hovering over "website" the option for open and fill comes up, but clicking it does nothing. The button in the top right works, but not the one that appears when hovering.

This, for some reason, only happens when I'm in chrome if I go to safari, or anywhere else and use the same button, it opens in chrome like expected

1Password Version: 7b18
Extension Version: 4.7.14
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@mlebarron: Interesting. Do you have other extensions in Chrome that might be interfering? What if you try on a nw Chrome profile? Definitely make sure Chrome doesn't have any pending updates, as that can cause all sorts of mayhem. Let me know what you find!

• mlebarron
    mlebarron
    Community Member

none that I'm aware of. disabling all the others doesn't help. Chrome 66.0.3359.181 with no updates pending.

Doesn't work in a new chrome profile either :(

• JoeSC100
    JoeSC100
    Community Member
    edited May 2018

gonna "me too" this one - :'(

OK, need to clarify a bit - the open-and-fill does work from the blue button at the top of the item, but does not work from the pull-down on the "website" item. I guess I was just used to using that pull-down from 1PW 6

• @mlebarron and @JoeSC100,

I just wanted to check in and see if you're still seeing this behavior in 7.0.2, and whether or not you're signed into a 1Password.com account or have purchased a standalone license?

Rudy

• mlebarron
    mlebarron
    Community Member

still not working for me, it's a 1password.com account, chrome 67, extension 4.7.1.90

• JoeSC100
    JoeSC100
    Community Member

Signed into a 1PW family account - just updated to 7.0.2- and (drum roll please) now the "open and fill" works from the pulldown, but the blue button seems to have disappeared...not sure if that's a bug or a design change.

• mlebarron
    mlebarron
    Community Member

@JoeSC100 I still have the blue button, but dropdown doesn't work for me :(

It continues to work when I'm not in chrome, correctly opening chrome and filling, but when I'm in chrome it doesn't work

• JoeSC100
    JoeSC100
    Community Member

Wow... odd. Now I see a difference (may have always been there) between using the App vs the chrome plug-in. In my earlier comments I was inconsistent in using the app vs the plug-in - so, to be more complete:

I am running MacOS 10.13.4, Chrome 66.0.3359.181, 1PW 7.0.2, not sure if plugins have versions...

When running the 1PW App:

• going to the "website" item, open-and-fill works as expected
    • No Blue button (that button on the upper-right of the 1PW item screen), but I think that only shows up in the plug-in

When using the chrome plug-in AND I am already on the login page:

• "fill" works
    • Clicking the ">" arrow, only "Fill" shows up in the Blue Button (no open-and-fill) - makes sense since I am already on the page

When using the chrome plug-in AND I am NOT already on the login page:

• The Blue Button is back... and has open-and-fill, and appears to work as expected
    • when going to the "website" item, "open-and-fill" is available but does nothing
  • Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi again @JoeSC100 and @mlebarron! Has the issue been fixed for you on v7.0.4 by any chance? If not let us know and we'll take a close look. :)

• mlebarron
    mlebarron
    Community Member

it works for me now, thanks!

• JoeSC100
    JoeSC100
    Community Member

Yup - can confirm it now works - thanks Henry.

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018

Wonderful @JoeSC100 and @mlebarron, glad to hear it; thanks for confirming! If you ever have more questions or feedback, we're here for you anytime.

This discussion has been closed.