How to use 1Password 7.0.BETA-11 (and later) in Safari

13»

Comments

• robbyberman
    robbyberman
    Community Member

It does recover after a minute or so, so I don’t need to restart. I’ve looked in Console to see what I can see, but not being a programmer, I’m not sure which log to look at. Suggestions? And thanks. Yesterday, running with only the 1PW extension, it didn’t happen, though being intermittent, I’m not sure that means anything.

• HinghamHarborMan
    HinghamHarborMan
    Community Member

@brenty Thank you very much, that did indeed work. I appreciate the help.

• robbyberman
    robbyberman
    Community Member

It does recover after a minute or so, so I don’t need to restart. I’ve looked in Console to see what I can see, but not being a programmer, I’m not sure which log to look at. Suggestions? And thanks. Yesterday, running with only the 1PW extension, it didn’t happen, though being intermittent, I’m not sure that means anything.

• rwa
    rwa
    Community Member

I found that I as able to install the Safari plugin and trust it, but 1Password still couldn't use it (just gave me the option to install it again).

I was only able to have it actually function when I moved 1Password to /Applications (it had been at a different path).

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Thank you very much, that did indeed work. I appreciate the help.

@jcsully217: Great! You're welcome! Thanks for letting me know that did the trick for you. :)

ref: HYQ-15256-269

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

I found that I as able to install the Safari plugin and trust it, but 1Password still couldn't use it (just gave me the option to install it again). I was only able to have it actually function when I moved 1Password to /Applications (it had been at a different path).

@rwa: Indeed, 1Password is sandboxed, so it will need to be in the /Applications folder — which is why that's where the installer puts it. If it is not there, or the browser is not (probably not relevant for Safari, but can be with others) browser integration will not work. Glad that you were able to get it sorted by putting 1Password back in its place. :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@robbyberman: Thanks for the update. I'm glad to hear that helped. If you encounter further issues, please let me know!

• rwa
    rwa
    Community Member

This was an update done by the app itself, so while the installer might put it in /Applications an update to an install that isn’t already there does not warn the user that it is now broken.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

@rwa: I'm not sure I understand. As far as I know, the only way to get 1Password 7 is to download and run the installer from here:

https://app-updates.agilebits.com/product_history/OPM7

And that doesn't give you the option to install it anywhere else:

So you would have had to have done that and then manually moved it somewhere else. Is that correct? I'm not sure that the updater can be blamed for that, but it is something we'll keep in mind for the documentation when the time comes to launch. Thanks for bringing this up! :)

• rwa
    rwa
    Community Member

1P 6 with beta updates enabled began installing on Sunday on multiple hosts we have. It has been an adventure

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited May 2018

@rwa: I think that's an entirely different topic. But to be clear, 1Password 6 did not install updates automatically, and we did fix the update error quickly. I am sorry for any inconvenience that caused you though. :blush:

• For those running into the "trust" issue, v4.7.1 is now available in the Safari Extension Gallery here.

• Tanax
    Tanax
    Community Member

I see that we're now in release candidate process for 1P7, good to see progress is being made :)
    Will the Safari extension be added back in time for gold release? Or has it been pushed back until an unknown date? :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Tanax: Nothing new to share at this point regarding the Safari app extension. But there's nothing stopping us from pushing it out in an update any day if we're able to get it ready for prime time. :)

• neyla12
    neyla12
    Community Member

The Extensions popup asks if I'm sure I want to install this extension. I click Trust, and nothing happens. No 1PW Safari extension is installed. Any suggestions?

• Stephen_C
    Stephen_C
    Community Member

@neyla12 are you saying this post (in the same thread in which you've posted) doesn't provide a solution?

Stephen

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@neyla12: Indeed, it sounds like you may be running into that Safari bug. Definitely give the keyboard a try and let us know if that helps.

• pnanzzz
    pnanzzz
    Community Member

Running MacOS Mojave and safari is blocking 1password extension from being installed..
    Searched the forum and read about 1password beta 11? but can't seem to find it. I have beta 7.0.4
    Any help would be appreciated as other web browsers are not working great on Mojave.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Safari 12 doesn't support extensions installed from anywhere but Apple's gallery, so you'll need to get it from there:

https://safari-extensions.apple.com/details/?id=com.agilebits.onepassword4-safari-2BUA8C4S2C

• pnanzzz
    pnanzzz
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

Got it working thanks!!!!!

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Glad that helped! We're here if you need anything else. :)

This discussion has been closed.