Does 1password 7 keep the option of using folders to organize your items as 1password 6?

oaguilar1965
oaguilar1965
Community Member

I like to keep my items organized in folders. Does 1Password 7 keep that option? If it does, only the standalone version or both versions? I understand that the subscription version does not have folders since 1Password 7. I just like to have the information before i buy the new version.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided
Referrer: forum-search:Does 1password 7 keep the option of using folders to organize your items as 1password 6?

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@oaguilar1965: Thanks for getting in touch! 1Password 7 used nested tags instead of folders. Any folders in your vault(s) will be converted when you upgrade. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• ybagr
    ybagr
    Community Member

Hi there, I converted my 1Password6 vault to 7 but my folders did not convert, all my organizing did not convert. is there something I can do get them back. I'm using stand alone license not account.
    Thanks

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ybagr: Can you elaborate? Unfortunately without some basic information it's hard to say what might be going wrong and how we might right it! Please tell me the OS, 1Password, and device versions you're using, the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out the best plan of action:

Find your version

The more information you can give, the better. For instance, you say that it "did not convert". What are you seeing then? Did you get an error? Thanks in advance! :)

• ybagr
    ybagr
    Community Member

Yes, I'm using a MacBookPro running OS High Sierra 10.13.5, I upgraded my 1Password 6 to 1Password 7 (7.0.4). I followed the direction, downloaded 1Password 7, Opened the new version and purchased a new stand alone license, it asked if I wanted to use my vault and then it said it need to convert vault to the new file format, I said yes, and that was it. It created some tags but they do not match any of my organizing folder I had in the previous version (6), it also added only a couple of items to the tags that were not in any of my folders. When I go to my iOS 1Password app I can still see my folders and now also the new tags.

to compare I had seven folders with about a hundred items in them, now I have four tags with five items in them and one is a "sample" tag :-)

Currently running 1Password 7.04 on a MacBook Pro OS High Sierra 10.13.5
    Thank you for your help

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@ybagr: Thanks for clarifying! I'm sorry for the trouble. I'm not sure why that would happen in your case, but try Help > Tools > Convert Folders to Tags and let me know if that does the trick.

If you're still having trouble, the best thing to do will be to restart your Mac, reproduce the same issue, and then generate a diagnostic report so we can look at the logs to determine exactly what is happening:

https://support.1password.com/diagnostics/

Please send it to support@agilebits.com and add the following Support ID (including the square brackets) to the subject of your diagnostics email before sending:

[#YCG-31878-988]

If you’re reading this and you are not ybagr, this Support ID is for ybagr only. Please ask us for your own if you also need help.

This will link your diagnostics to our current discussion. Let me know once you've sent it. Once we see it we should be able to better assist you. Thanks in advance!

ref: YCG-31878-988

• ybagr
    ybagr
    Community Member

Thanks, the Help > Tools > Migrate Folders to Tags... did the trick, I don't know how I missed that option. Thank you again for your help. I been a long time user of 1Password and so far I'm very happy with new 1Password7, especially now :)

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that worked for you, and that you're enjoying 1Password 7! And thanks for your long-time support! It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. Cheers! :chuffed:

This discussion has been closed.