Add Dropbox vault to 1Password for iOS

Options
Matty279
Matty279
Community Member

I have purchased standalone licences for 1Password 7 for Windows and Mac OS and successfully added 3 Dropbox vaults on a PC and Mac. I also have a Pro licence for 1Password for iOS. When I try and add the third Dropbox vault on 1Password for iOS, it is not visible when Dropbox searches for it. The other 2 are visible and disabled as they have already been added. The third vault is in a shared Dropbox folder. Why is this vault not visible on iOS?

Comments

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member
    Options

I don't know whether there has been a recent iOS update that addressed an issue with Dropbox vaults but this issue has suddenly resolved itself without any changes to the vaults that I was trying to add to 1Password for iOS.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for bringing this up, and for the update. Indeed, we've seen issues like this the past year where Dropbox doesn't properly index everything for some reason. It's possible there was just a delay in your case, but in case it helps anyone else sometimes it seems to never index certain things; so moving the vault somewhere else (say, Desktop), letting it sync, moving it back, and letting it sync again can sometimes force the index to update. Anyway, just glad to hear that all is well. Enjoy your weekend! :)

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @brenty. I am also having difficulty adding a standalone vault to a new instance of 1Password 7 for Mac OS. I have applied the purchased licence, my frozen 1Password account vault has been added but the menu items which allow for adding of local vaults are disabled. Not sure why this is happening on this particular Mac as I have previously applied the licence to another Mac machine successfully.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Matty279: If you've setup the app with a 1Password.com account, that's expected. generally it's bad for people to create local vaults completely separate from their accounts, as they then wonder why stuff there isn't syncing. But you can enable local vaults in Preferences > Advanced, and then you'll be able to sync the Primary vault with Dropbox or add other local vaults to the app. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• Matty279
    Matty279
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks @brenty. That allowed me to add one local vault but now I can't add additional local vaults. 1Password 7 for Mac doesn't seem to have the equivalent of the "Open vault on this PC..." menu item which is available in 1Password 7 for Windows.

Also where multiple vaults are added each with a different password, how can I select which master password is required to unlock 1Password?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Matty279: If you already have a vault somewhere — say, Dropbox — you can simply double-click it to add it to 1Password. Otherwise you can create a new vault from the File menu. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.