To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

HI GUYS! I HAVE A QUESTION.. NEED HELP?

Options
anhnn123
anhnn123
Community Member

I've created a 1password.com membership after having been a standalone customer since 2014 and have successfully migrated my vault, which was synced using dropbox, to two of my devices so far, windows and android. All looks good so far.

My question is, if 1password.com is not reachable for some reason, let's say I turn on airplane mode on my android phone, and I then open 1password, I've confirmed that I'm still able to see my vault data, so there must be a local copy on my phone. Is that correct?

Same question for other devices please. :-)

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

I've created a 1password.com membership after having been a standalone customer since 2014 and have successfully migrated my vault, which was synced using dropbox, to two of my devices so far, windows and android. All looks good so far.

@anhnn123: That's great to hear! Glad you're enjoying it so far. I'm a long-time Dropbox user myself, so if you have any questions about 1Password.com in relation to that let me know. :)

My question is, if 1password.com is not reachable for some reason, let's say I turn on airplane mode on my android phone, and I then open 1password, I've confirmed that I'm still able to see my vault data, so there must be a local copy on my phone. Is that correct? Same question for other devices please. :-)

Yep! When you sign into the 1Password app on a device, it downloads your data so you have it cached locally and can access it on a plane, or when you just have bad internet. The only exception to this is the 1Password.com website. Nothing is cached in that case, so it is only accessible when you're online. Otherwise, it will be just what you're used to. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

This discussion has been closed.