Sync failure between Mac OS and iOS with 1Password 7

Options
jsapsin
jsapsin
Community Member

I recently purchased my new license for 1Password 7. I have been running 1Password 6, successfully, on my Mac and syncing it with my 1Password iOS versions (iPhone 7 Plus and iPad Pro) without any trouble. I took the opportunity, with the new version, to go ahead and update and upgrade all of my old passwords. It appears now that these new passwords are not syncing to my mobile devices; or, if they are, only some of them -- and I can't figure out the pattern. I sync through your old method (Dropbox). I also notice that my existing iOS versions identify two vaults -- "Primary" and "1Password." My new Mac 7.x, however, only has 1 vault (Primary). I don't care -- I'm just as happy to have one vault at the moment (I ended up with two vaults, somehow, during my last upgrade to 6.x and ended-up copying a bunch of stuff over to consolidate it, leaving one very small vault and one larger, current vault). Now I'm stuck, of course, because I can't remember all of my fancy new passwords with bizarre characters and none of them (or very few of them) are on my iPhone or iPad. Help. Please.

1Password Version: 7.x (Mac)
Extension Version: Current
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:sync 1password 7

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@jsapsin: Definitely follow this guide to make sure you have everything setup the way you need to:

If you’re having trouble syncing with Dropbox

In your case, it sounds like the issue is that you've got the two vaults on one device, one on the other, but no idea which vault is which. If your devices aren't using the same vault in Dropbox, you won't see changes reflected between them. If you can determine the path of the vault you want to use on both devices, it's fairly easy to reset the app and then set it up again with only that vault on each device. Let me know what you find!

• jsapsin
    jsapsin
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks Brent — I’m ok with the Dropbox setup (and I did go through the guide already) and I will check the vault paths again. I don’t understand is why it was fine before I updated, though, and now won’t sync. What could have changed? I am still referring to all the same vaults (I.e., “primary”). Are there multiple “primary” vaults? Does the install of 7 create a new “primary” side-by-side with my existing “primary”?

• jsapsin
    jsapsin
    Community Member
    Options

Sorry — I got auto spell-corrected “Brenty”.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018
    Options

Thanks Brent — I’m ok with the Dropbox setup (and I did go through the guide already) and I will check the vault paths again.

@jsapsin: Definitely. Unless you simply have Dropbox disabled on one or more devices, the path will be the key. If they're not syncing with the same vault, you won't see the changes reflected in both.

I don’t understand is why it was fine before I updated, though, and now won’t sync. What could have changed?

I couldn't tell you. It would be something specific to your setup.

I am still referring to all the same vaults (I.e., “primary”). Are there multiple “primary” vaults? Does the install of 7 create a new “primary” side-by-side with my existing “primary”?

"Primary" isn't a specific vault. It's just the first one you setup on the device. You cannot have multiple Primary vaults on a single device, but you can easily setup a different vault as the Primary on different devices, especially if you already have more than one and simply select the wrong one at first. Let me know what you find!

Sorry — I got auto spell-corrected “Brenty”.

No worries. I've been called worse. :lol:

ref: CZA-71579-633

This discussion has been closed.