1 password 6 synced to iCloud and new computer with 1password 7

nosajhoward
nosajhoward
Community Member

I cannot seem to find the preferences tab in 1password 7 where I can set my vault to sync with iCloud. I have version 6 installed on an old computer and it syncs via iCloud to my phone. My new computers do not have an option to sync with iCloud yet somehow I managed to transfer over my old data.

Please help

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: iCloud

Comments

• nosajhoward
    nosajhoward
    Community Member

Help?!

• Henry
    Henry
    1Password Alumni

Hi @nosajhoward! You can find those preferences in 1Password 7 (in the menubar) > Preferences > Sync. If you're not seeing them, you've probably set up a 1Password account! And if that's the case, let me know if you'd like to continue using your new 1Password account and I'd be happy to help either way. :)

• nosajhoward
    nosajhoward
    Community Member

I must have accidentally set up an account because I cannot see the sync button. I don't think I need an account as I just want to sync via iCloud across devices. Please let me know how to proceed.

Thanks!

• nosajhoward
    nosajhoward
    Community Member

Any further recommendations?

• nosajhoward
    nosajhoward
    Community Member

So now I have the application running properly on one new machine with 1password 7. The other machine is stuck in read-only mode. I have tried placing the application in the trash and downloading the version from the agile bits site directly (not using the Mac App Store) and reinstalling it. It seemed to already know my master password and all of my passwords were already there when I logged in. However, I was still in read only mode. Any further help is greatly appreciated!

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@nosajhoward

I must have accidentally set up an account because I cannot see the sync button.

That sounds like what happened, yes. If you have only a 1password.com account, you will not see the Sync or Backup buttons, as both of those chores are performed automatically by the 1password.com server.

The other machine is stuck in read-only mode.

1Password 7 is a new, full-version upgrade, and it requires either a 1password.com membership (all applications are included with membership) OR a new standalone license purchase in order to remove it from Read Only mode. If you've resolved not to use the 1password.com account you apparently created, you'll need to open 1Password 7 and choose 1Password 7 > Purchase 1Password 7 from the menubar. Hope that helps!

• Knightgreider
    Knightgreider
    Community Member

I have purchased a 1Password 7 license on one computer running Mac OS 10.12 and have another computer with 1Password 6 but can't upgrade it because it is running Mac OS 10.11.6. Will they sync through iCloud?

Thank you.

• Knightgreider
    Knightgreider
    Community Member

Thanks Rudy. I didn't get it to work yesterday I will keep trying.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni

@Knightgreider - feel free to ask for help if you have questions or get stuck. :) You may also want to have a look at our page on how to sync with iCloud.

This discussion has been closed.