Password Disappears for Chase.com

Options

I have two accounts with Chase. An older account that I opened a few years ago, and a new account that I opened two days ago. The older account works fine and always has. It is the new account that is having the problem.

I have used the password generator twice and saved the password. Each time, the next day the password is gone. It works fine the same day, but gone the next day.

It is something like a 30 minute process with this type of account to change the password. I have to call in, talk to a live person, and get transferred to my business account manager who can then sent the code to unlock and reset.

I do not want to have to devote 30 minutes each day to unlock this Chase account. It is a poor use of my time. Any ideas?

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: 1.7.3
OS Version: Win 10 Chrome
Sync Type: cloud

Comments

• dteare
    Options

Thanks for bringing this to our attention, @ishootfriendlies. It's certainly not something we want you to have to do, either!

First things first, in today's beta we added a new feature that will save all generated passwords, including across restarts. This will help a lot when debugging this problem so I'd like to suggest you start by installing the 1Password X beta before you try changing your password again.

Next up, I'm confused by the statement that your password is gone the next day. Once it's saved in 1Password it should always be there. I wonder, did you save the new login into a different vault or maybe a different account? It's possible to configure 1Password X to hide certain vaults from you and I wonder if maybe you're saving it to a hidden vault? 🤔

I'd also like to ask you to log in to 1Password.com and look at your items there. See if you can find one of these missing logins under All Vaults. If not, please click on each of your vaults (hopefully you only have a few), select Trash from the sidebar, and click View Archived Items. If the item was deleted, it should appear in here.

Please give that a go and let us know how it turns out.

Thanks!

++dave;

This discussion has been closed.