Master password is rejected when deleting vault

Options
337studio
337studio
Community Member

Hi. I am having a problem deleting my Primary vault after transitioning from 1Password 6 to 1Password v7 (1P7). I upgraded my macOS app from 1P6 to 1P7 (I have both installed on macOS) and then followed the instructions on the following page in order to transfer my existing data to my 1Password account.

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/

I then tried to follow the instructions in the following step to set up my 1P app on iOS.

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

I migrated my account okay, but when I try to delete the Primary vault in the iOS app, I get a popup asking for my master password. I put in my master password for 1P7 (I changed it slightly when I upgraded), but it rejects my password. I tried putting in my old master password, the one I use for 1P6, and it also gets rejected. The master password I use for 1P7 on macOS works perfectly fine on the desktop app. I am not quite sure what I'm doing wrong. I'd like to transition over to use the 1Password subscription, but can't get past this step in the process.

On a slightly unrelated note, if I was using Dropbox to sync my passwords while using 1P6, and then transition to use 1Password's subscription service, do I need change any settings on the iOS app? Seems like my primary vault is still syncing w/my dropbox, but I suppose that will go away if I am able to delete the primary vault?

Thanks in advance to any help you can provide!

1Password Version: 7.0.6
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: iOS 11.4
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• 337studio
    337studio
    Community Member
    Options

Never mind. I got this sorted out. I simply deleted the 1P app on my iOS device and reinstalled it. After reinstallation, I logged in w/my 1Password account credentials and everything is synced properly - no more Primary vault. Thanks.

• Ben
    Options

Excellent. Thanks for the update @337studio. :) If we can be of further assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact us.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.