Vaults, Macs, PCs & 'cloud?'

Options

I have been a long-time 1Password 4 user. I finally decided to try out 1Password 7. I use Mac at work and PC at home. I first updated my work laptop. I have long kept my 1Password files in Dropbox. After the install, it asked me if I wanted to keep vaults, as I upgraded the style and wasn't sure I was going to keep v7, I said yes.

I then noticed I now had 2 vaults. This got ugly, I swear it was saving new pwds in diff locations. I unselected the "personal" one and kept "Primary" which appears by icon to be on Dropbox.

Now on the PC, I am seeing 2 vaults, 1 Personal and 1 1Password. But neither imply it's the Dropbox version.

I am so very confused. Can someone pls assist me in using a single shared vault between these 2 devices. I honestly dont' care if it's dropbox or stored in 1Password's cloud. I just want to clean things up and have 1 vault where everything is stored.

I had an issue getting the ctrl-\ working on the mac, that's working now. It's not yet working on the PC as it did previously with 1Password 4. Once I get the vault issue settled and the auto filling working, I'll then need to figure out the android piece of the puzzle.

Surprised/disappointed this is so difficult. Been a rough week and finally finding the time to work through this. Would have expect it to be easier.

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: 4.7.1.90
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: Dropbox?

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @PittCaleb,

Thank you for getting in touch! I am sorry for these troubles with 1Password.

It sounds like you have created a 1Password account while setting up 1Password 7 on your PC, instead of opening your local vault there. That is why you see two vaults at the moment: one of the vaults is your old local vault and the second one is a part of your new 1Password account.

To get a better idea of your current setup and confirm my hunch, please create Diagnostics Reports from your Mac and PC. Here is how:

Sending Diagnostics Reports

Attach the Diagnostics Reports to an email message addressed to support+windows@agilebits.com.

Please do not post your Diagnostic Reports in the forums, but please do include a link to this thread in your email, along with your forum handle so that we can "connect the dots" when we see your report in our inbox. We will take a closer look and get back to you with further instructions. Thanks!

Cheers,
    Greg

• PittCaleb
    PittCaleb
    Community Member
    Options

just sent in reports from both machines. I forgot to link and provide handle, sorry. My email is similar to my handle, if you poke, you will be able to make the connection.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks! I see that we've received your email, so we can continue the conversation there. We'll take a look at the diagnostics and get back to you as soon as we can! :)

ref: NUF-92194-136

This discussion has been closed.