To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

I installed 1Pw7 w/strong master pw. I am unable to open 7 using Mpw. It will only take old pw.

Options
rabartz
rabartz
Community Member

1Pw7 was setup while 1Pw6 (upgraded since 1Pw1) was also on my Mac. I am certain what my master pw for #7 was. I am unable to open #7 with the master pw. However, I can open #7 with my original pw from #6!. Using the Password Authentication software you sent me, Ireset the original master, I cannot open #7 with my master pw or my original pw (#6) when using the authentication program. I can only open it after launching using the the original

I am at my wits end with this setup arrangement/ program. While I really like 1Pw, it is so freaking complex, not to mention having catch-27 dead end instructions. that this is the second time I have tried a membership and am about to give up again. Long silences between emails is the part I hate. What I am considering is to do a clean install of High Sierra with no copies of 1Pw6 installed and start again. Unless you have a better idea.

1Password Version: 1Pw7.04
Extension Version: 4.71
OS Version: macOS Sierra
Sync Type: iCloud
Referrer: forum-search:I installed 1Pw7 w/encrypted master pw. I am unable to open 7 using Mpw. It will onlu tale old pw.

Comments

• Ben
    Ben
    edited June 2018
    Options

Hi @rabartz

I’m sorry to hear about the trouble. Are you able to sign in at https://my.1password.com/ ? It sounds like you may still have a “Primary” vault that has a different Master Password than your 1Password membership. When this happens 1Password unlocks using the Master Password of the Primary vault, and not the membership account password.

Instructions for removing the Primary vault, once all of your data is accessible via 1Password.com, can be found here:

https://support.1password.com/migrate-1password-account/#set-up-your-other-devices

I hope that helps!

Ben

ref: CEF-12323-652

This discussion has been closed.