Lost access to vault

Options

I assume this question has been answered before and someone will refer me to response...

One of my computers tanked on a Windows 10 update. Dead. I reinstalled the OS I had, Windows 7. When I went to reinstall 1password it asked for vault. I pointed it to the vault in Dropbox. 1password said it needed to convert it to opvault and would leave the other vault in 1password_Name_legacyagilekeychain. I agreed.

I now have:
1password_Name_legacyagilekeychain
1password_Name_agilekeychain
1password_Name_opvault

My phone decided not to sync. I repointed it to new 1password_Name_agilekeychain, which kind of work, but the vault is incomplete. At this point, I thought I would just try back stepping from by clear f-up, by using my work laptop, which had the main desktop app account.

On untouched laptop, the 1password would not start. Nor would recognize any of the bazillion backups sitting locally.

Can someone assist with undoing this problem?

Thanks in advance.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Correct me if I'm misunderstanding, but if you converted to an OPVault in 1Password 7, that should be the most up to date (and compatible, going forward) vault. If you select that on all of your devices, does that get you back to where you left off?

• szscottb
    szscottb
    Community Member
    Options

You were not mistaken. I updated laptop 1password from 4 to 7 and it played nice with the OPVault. I now have 90% of passwords, although it doesn't remember that purchased a license. That probably only pertained to 1password 4, so I think this is as good as can be expected. I'll purchase 1password 7 license and should be good to go.
    Thanks.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Excellent! Thanks for the update. You are most welcome! I'm glad to hear that will do the trick for you. It sounds like you should be all set, but don't hesitate to reach out if we can be of further assistance. We're always here to help! :)

This discussion has been closed.