problems syncing 3 iphones and 2 osx computers using 1password cloud

isidey
isidey
Community Member

have been using 1password families and a dropbox cloud sync. Now wish to change to icloud or to 1password cloud. all 1password is in a vault called "Shared", and no data is in "Primary". very confused, any help would be much appreciated

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: cannot find
OS Version: os 10.13.5, ios11.4
Sync Type: was dropbox, want to change to icloud or 1password
Referrer: forum-search:problems syncing 3 iphones and 2 osx computers using 1password cloud

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@isidey: Without more details it's really hard to say much. But since you mention you have a "Shared" vault it sounds like mayb you're using 1Password Families. Is that correct? If so, it's important to note that the default "Shared" vault in 1Password Families is available to all of the family members you invite by default. So if you've moved items there which you do not want want everyone in your family to have access to, you should move them to your Personal/Private vault instead, as this is only ever accessible to you (each family member will also have their own Personal/Private vault which only they can access).

The "Primary" vault, on the other hand, is a local vault completely separate from 1Password.com. That's probably your old, original vault from using 1Password the past. If you have all of your data in your account, you can remove the Primary vault. Please verify that you do:

https://start.1password.com/vaults

Then you can disable local vaults in 1Password for Mac Preferences > Advanced and that will remove the Primary. I hope this helps. Be sure to let me know if you have any other questions! :)

• isidey
    isidey
    Community Member

brenty,

Many thanks for your rapid response! I am going to use your advice when i go to work on this tomorrow.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

You're very welcome! That sounds like a plan. We're here if you need anything else. :)

• isidey
    isidey
    Community Member

brenty,

Many thanks! I have got everything syncing OK, although there are some inconsistencies between the five sets of vault and sync settings that I do not understand. I do not currently have the personal bandwidth to track this down so long as everything continues to work. In a month or so I may revisit, and may have to reach out to you again then. Best, Ian

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@isidey: That's perfectly understandable. It sounds like you should be in good shape, but of course we're always here if you need us. My suggestion is to just make sure that you have the same setup on each device. If you have a Primary vault on one or more devices and want to continue using that, you'd need to configure sync the exact same way for it on all devices. But by far the best solution is to make sure you have everything in your 1Password.com account and then setup the app on all of your devices to use only that. That way you'll be able to access it seamlessly across all your devices without having to give it another thought. Cheers! :)

This discussion has been closed.