Bypass 1G limit on attachments

Options
CryHard
CryHard
Community Member

Hey there,

If I change where the 1password DB is located, will the 1G limitation be removed then? At the moment I store everything on 1password servers.

Thanks.

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• CryHard
    CryHard
    Community Member
    Options

Well, this sure is excellent support there. Is there any other way to get support from 1password, considering I'm a paying customer?

• Hi @CryHard,

Sorry about that, I'm not sure why it took us 6 days to answer this question. We're usually much faster than that, especially on the forum.

What are you looking to store in 1Password that would require going beyond the 1gb limit? So far we've not had anyone that I can recall ever go above that limit. I'd love to understand what you're trying to accomplish.

Should you decide to switch from 1Password.com to standalone vaults, you should understand the limitations imposed there. In a standalone vault, attachments are limited to 5mb per file, and while there's no maximum number of files that can be included in a vault I would definitely never go anywhere near the 1gb mark. Anything beyond 50mb and you'll probably start seeing performance problems with sync in general. The way that sync works in standalone vaults isn't very efficient when it comes to files. Without a centralized server like 1Password.com it's difficult to make something significantly better.

I look forward to hearing about what you're trying to accomplish.

Rick

This discussion has been closed.