iTunes Subscription Moving to Family Plan

esdader
esdader
Community Member

Hi there --

I have an individual subscription through iTunes. I'd like to move to a family plan. From other posts on here, I understand that I need to cancel my subscription, contact support and post something here. I did the first two steps.

Are those still the correct steps?

Thanks for your help!

Tristan

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: IOS and OSX 10.13.5
Sync Type: subscription

Comments

• Hey Tristan, We can definitely help with that! Would you mind posting your Support ID here that you should have received in an automated reply to your email? That'll help us connect the dots.

• esdader
    esdader
    Community Member

Hi there, I forgot to write back that support hooked me up. Thanks for the offer!

• rickfillion
    edited June 2018

That's great to hear. Let us know if you have any more questions.

Rick

ref: VTZ-22447-642

• SuperMario
    SuperMario
    Community Member

Hello guys, I am on the same boat - upgrading / switching to families from a single subscription via iTunes. I have cancelled my subscription and I have already sent you an email with my account information. I have received the following support ID in return:

UED-92578-711

Can you please follow up and complete the migration for me?

Much appreciated.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@SuperMario: It'sa me! Yup! We'll be in touch via email shortly. :)

ref: UED-92578-711

• Scarfies
    Scarfies
    Community Member

Hi,

I also would like a family subscription. Please do tell me that the below is correct, cos it seems very odd to cancel a subscription I want to keep (I don't want to lose all my passwords - eek!). I understand if I want to change from Individual to Family subscription and if I originally made the purchase via the Apple App Store I have to do some some weird voodoo to make it work:

1) cancel my subscription via my Apple ID account - DONE
    2) email you - DONE (I didn't say much apart from what I just wrote above)
    3) post this here KQB-99835-125 - and DONE (?)

thanks, Paul

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni

@Scarfies: Yes, you're good! :)

You raise a good point. Sorry, I should have been clearer. With the Apple subscription, it will still be active through whenever you've paid already. Also, regardless, with a 1Password.com account, you can still access your data even if you do not have an active subscription; it's just "frozen" (read only).

Fortunately, while there is a bit of voodoo involved, it's mostly on our end, just getting things switched over. Then we can walk you through getting your new family plan setup with your loved ones. Just want to be sure you're not paying for anything more than you have to, as I wouldn't want to either. ;)

Anyway, I see your email, so I'll take a look and we can continue the conversation there. :)

ref: KQB-99835-125

This discussion has been closed.