logins like iStock dont work

hi all,

i love 1Password and i am sure you guys at agilebits will solve the annoying problems that arise from the recent browser and OS updates. but there is still a way to go until i feel as comfortable with 1Password as some weeks ago.

let me mention some things that seem worth looking at to me:
- login on floating windows sometime just dont work. have a look at istockimages.com.
- the "launch 1Password app" button shouldnt be hidden in the settings-tab. get it up on the first level.
- saving new passwords works as discribed but i never had 1Password ask my to save a new login or updating an old one on its own.

thanks and take care,
etienne

FF6 on Mac OS 10.6.8
with latest versions of 1Password and FF browser extension

Comments

• khad
    khad
    1Password Alumni
    Hola, Pacifico! :-)

We are working hard to resolve all your issues, and we appreciate your patience and support.

- login on floating windows sometime just dont work. have a look at istockimages.com.

I'm going to assume you mean iStockphoto since iStockimages.com is just a parked domain with a bunch of ads and doesn't actually contain a login form. :-)

Please try saving the login manually like this:

1. Enter your username and password, but DO NOT submit the form.
    2. Click the 1Password button in your browser's toolbar, and select the "+" button in the upper right hand corner.
    3. Change the title and make any notes (if desired).
    4. Click the Save button in the upper right hand corner.

I was able to save and fill a sample login there without a problem.

- the "launch 1Password app" button shouldnt be hidden in the settings-tab. get it up on the first level.

Save a new bookmark to Firefox's bookmarks bar. It can be anything. I just used Google's home page. Then edit the bookmark and change the Location to:

x-onepassword://

In this screenshot, I called the bookmark "Launch 1Password" because that is what it does.

20110904-jh9bwc389eu1ipud922er645ab.png

Now you can just click the bookmark to launch 1Password.

20110904-ksem6c25amfqce59ptdjriu26n.png
    I'm not sure that is any quicker than clicking 1Password in your dock or using a launcher (e.g. Alfred, Launchbar, Spotlight, etc.), but it is even one less click than the old extension. :-)

Also, if you enter "1p" as the Keyword like I did in the above screenshot, you can then type "1p" into Firefox's address bar and press Return to open 1Password.

- saving new passwords works as discribed but i never had 1Password ask my to save a new login or updating an old one on its own.

Autosave is coming soon, and we are working on the update mechanism in the new extension as well. Thanks for your feedback on this!

If we can be further assistance, please let us know.

We are always here to help!
This discussion has been closed.