Delete 1Passsword 6 after installation of 7

Options
Bobalaska
Bobalaska
Community Member
edited June 2018 in Mac

Now that I have moved to 1Password7, and it seems quite stable, I want to delete 1Password6. Other than the app itself, what other files can be deleted without impacting 7; I am asking this because in the past some newer versions have continued to use some of the same files as the predecessor version, and I don't want to accidentally delete something I need.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: 10.13.5
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• rudy
    Options

@Bobalaska,

You should be clear to delete what 1Password 6 had for its data directories, the only overlap for shared directories between 6 and 7 were some uses of the group container folder, so you will want to be sure to keep that.

Depending on which version of 1Password 6 you have:
    ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword4-osx
    ~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword4-osx
    ~/Library/Application Support/1Password 4

1Password 7 makes use of:
    ~/Library/Group Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits for its data
    ~/Library/Containers/2BUA8C4S2C.com.agilebits.onepassword7-helper
    ~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword7
    ~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepassword7-launcher
    ~/Library/Containers/com.agilebits.onepasswordnativemessaginghost

Rudy

• Bobalaska
    Bobalaska
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

@rudy So to be clear, I can delete the top 3 (depending which one(s) I have, but in any case files which refer to 1P4) , but need to keep the rest. Correct?

• rudy
    Options

@Bobalaska,

Correct, if you have any other specific paths you need me to clarify let me know.

Rudy

• Bobalaska
    Bobalaska
    Community Member
    edited June 2018
    Options

@rudy Application support/1password 4 has a number of files: b5 DownloadedResources, b5 PendingFileUpload,b5 SecureUserDefaults, Backups, Data, License, Mustaches-001, Watchtower.

All can be deleted? Reason I am asking is a couple were last modified in May and early June 2018.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bobalaska - you can delete the entire 1Password 4 folder in side ~/Library/Application Support/ if you want to...but that will mean you'll never be able to revert to 1Password 6 for Mac in an emergency. I'd honestly leave that stuff be unless you're really pressed for hard drive space or something. It doesn't take up much space, and it don't (can't, due to sandboxing) interfere with or cause problems for 1Password 7 for Mac. It can sit in there happily doing nothing...unless you ever needed it for some reason. But if 1Password 7 for Mac is working smoothly for you, and you prefer to not have old data hanging about, then sure, go ahead and delete it.

• Bobalaska
    Bobalaska
    Community Member
    Options

@Lars Thanks. I have plenty of hard drive space. While i doubt if I ever will want to revert to 6, I will leave folder for now. Thanks.

• Lars
    Lars
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@Bobalaska - sounds good. :) :+1:

This discussion has been closed.