To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Master Password Not Working

CptGallium
CptGallium
Community Member

My master password is no longer working. I have not changed my password and I am entering the password in correctly. I was logged in yesterday with no issue (password worked). I have a family plan with my wife and there is no "People" tab for her to help recover my account. Nothing has changed except I woke up today to find that I cannot access my +100 passwords that I use every day for work. I tried creating a new free account thinking I could import my data but I cannot find any 1PIF or .agilekeychain or .opvault suffix anywhere. I need HELP!! Losing this would be catastrophic to my business/life.

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Firefox
OS Version: Windows 10 Pro
Sync Type: ?

Comments

• CptGallium
    CptGallium
    Community Member
    edited June 2018

... my wife recovered my account.

• Hi, @CptGallium. I'm glad to hear your wife was able to recover your account! This is one of our favorite features of family accounts. :)

• RSISRAEL
    RSISRAEL
    Community Member

Hi Team, major issue. My master password has stopped working on Mac, I can no longer log in. What can I do?

• RSISRAEL
    RSISRAEL
    Community Member

Please disregard, all fine, working OK.

• Thanks for the update @RSISRAEL.

For anyone else who might stumble upon this thread, please see this guide:

If you forgot your Master Password or you can't unlock 1Password | 1Password

Ben

• skraemerca
    skraemerca
    Community Member

I am unable to login using my Master Password on my Apple Macbook Pro even though the Master Password allows me to login to account using App on iPhone. But if i try to login to my.1password.com on iPhone using Safari the Master Password is rejected. This makes no sense to me. Help please.

• Ben
    Ben
    edited July 2018

Hi @skraemerca

The likely cause there is that you’ve got a Primary vault on your MacBook Pro that doesn’t exist on your other devices, or vice versa. When a Primary vault exists 1Password will unlock with the Master Password of that vault rather than your 1Password.com account Master Password. Could you please look in your vault and see if you have a Login item for 1Password.com and if so does the Master Password on that item work on my.1password.com ?

Ben

ref: XTI-66313-664

• grant_liddell
    grant_liddell
    Community Member

I have the same situation as skraemerca. I followed the advice Ben has given, but I cannot see a login item for 1Password.com in my Primary vault, so I don't know how to proceed. Any suggestions?

• Hi @grant_liddell

The item would be in the Personal vault, not the Primary vault. If you can’t find it there either do you have an Emergency Kit? Are you able to log in to your account at https://my.1password.com/ ?

Please let me know.

Ben

• grant_liddell
    grant_liddell
    Community Member

I have an emergency kit. I have attempted to log in to my.1password.com using my email address, my secret key and my master password. I get the response ‘wrong secret key’.

• @grant_liddell

In order to investigate this matter further we'll need to move this conversation to email. Could you please email us from the email address associated with your account to sales@1password.com? When you have done so you'll get a support ID back from BitBot. Please post that support ID here.

Thank you.

Ben

• grant_liddell
    grant_liddell
    Community Member

EJX-46866-964

• Thanks, @grant_liddell. I've sent you an email, and we'll continue the conversation there.

This discussion has been closed.