To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

1PW7 won't accept my password

Options
blackhorse
blackhorse
Community Member

I just tried to open 7 for the first time and my password won't work. I am 100% sure that it is correct, since I often use it on my mobile devices.
Now what? I got in successfully on my iPad with fingerprint, but now that doesn't work either. On the iPad i just get the icon and nothing else; not even a place to enter the pw. Tried going back to 6 on iMac, but got the message : "Your saved data appears to be newer than this version of 1Password can use. Please update your copy of 1Password to its latest version."

Where do I go from here?

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• blackhorse
    blackhorse
    Community Member
    Options

Something is clearly messed up in 1PW7.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@blackhorse: How so? It will use the Master Password you set it up with.

• rob
    Options

Hi, @blackhorse.

On the iPad i just get the icon and nothing else; not even a place to enter the pw.

Could you post a screenshot of what you're seeing there?

Regarding the Master Password not being accepted, it could be that your devices have somehow gotten out of sync. To verify this, I'd like to ask you to create some diagnostics reports, one from each of your Mac and iOS devices:

Attach the diagnostics to an email message addressed to support+forum@agilebits.com.

With your email please include:

• A link to this thread: https://discussions.agilebits.com/discussion/92330/1pw7-wont-accept-my-password
    • Your forum username: @blackhorse

That way we can connect the dots when we see your diagnostics in our inbox.

You should receive an automated reply from our BitBot assistant with a Support ID number.  Please post that number here so we can track down the diagnostics and ensure that this issue is dealt with quickly. :)

• blackhorse
    blackhorse
    Community Member
    Options

Now the iPad and iPhone recognize my password but iMac still refuses to.

• Ben
    Options

@blackhorse

That would indicate that your Mac has a different 1Password Master Password set than your iOS devices, which is possible but not recommended. It seems the easiest thing to do here would be to reset 1Password on the Mac and then sync it with your iOS devices. If you'd like to do that please select Help > Troubleshooting > Reset All 1Password Data. Then set up syncing:

Sync your 1Password data

I hope that helps. Should you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to ask.

Ben

This discussion has been closed.