To protect your privacy: email us with billing or account questions instead of posting here.

Converting from 1pass4 standalone to 1pass7 standalone or subscribed

yagfreak
yagfreak
Community Member

Hello

I have a standalone licence of Version 4 syncing via dropbox for ages.
When 5 or 6 came out I created a testaccount but as I saw that I have to sync my passwords with the servers I did not use it.

Now I heard that 7 has the support for your own vaults again and downloaded it.
I the blog it says: download it, install and you will be prompted for the purchase of a license.

I installed it so far and when I startet it it shows my data fro the vault in my dropbox. But there is a message that there is an authentication error with my dropbox account and that I should login new if something has changed recently.
When I try to do this the secret key is asked.

As I know I do not have secret key, or I don't know it anymore from the testaccount long ago.

When I look in V7 of 1Password in licence it shows my name as a 1Password Membership.
Allthough I don't have a membership that I know of.

What I would like to do:
Use Version 7 with my own vault on dropbox.
I would buy a licence for 7 or subscribe for it.

Question: If I buy a licence standalone it says in the blog that it is per platform. Does this mean that I can use it only on windows PCs and the app on android and ios is not covered?
Do I have to subscribe to get all the three platforms windows, android and ios?

I looks that there is an account for me from the testphase.
How can I login if I have no secret key?
I think I have to login to get the license sorted out.

Regards Steffen

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• yagfreak
    yagfreak
    Community Member

Is something wrong with this post?
    Not even one reply.
    Perhaps I posted this in the wrong category.

• Hi, Steffen (@yagfreak).

I'm sorry for the delay here. I have a few questions for you based on your comments, and hopefully we can get things working for you quickly. :)

But there is a message that there is an authentication error with my dropbox account and that I should login new if something has changed recently.
    When I try to do this the secret key is asked.

Could you post a screenshot of this screen so I can see what you're seeing? (Here's how to take a screenshot if you need it: http://www.take-a-screenshot.org/)

What I would like to do:
    Use Version 7 with my own vault on dropbox.

I'm curious why you prefer to use Dropbox. Syncing your passwords this way is actually less secure than using a 1Password membership, and a membership comes with other benefits as well.

Question: If I buy a licence standalone it says in the blog that it is per platform. Does this mean that I can use it only on windows PCs and the app on android and ios is not covered?
    Do I have to subscribe to get all the three platforms windows, android and ios?

Yes, a license for 1Password 7 for Windows will not cover 1Password on Android or iOS (or Mac). Without a membership, the pro features on Android and iOS are separate purchases.

I looks that there is an account for me from the testphase.
    How can I login if I have no secret key?
    I think I have to login to get the license sorted out.

If you do not have the Secret Key for your test account, I can help you delete the account entirely. Then you can set up a new account if you'd like. If you'd like to delete the account, please send me an email at support+forum@agilebits.com. Include a link to this forum thread so I can connect the dots.

I'd encourage you to give the membership a try. It's faster, easier, and more secure than syncing with Dropbox because it was designed specifically for this.

• yagfreak
    yagfreak
    Community Member

Hello

Thank you for the information.

I think the easiest way is to start over, generate a new account and opt for the subscription, thus I have all the platforms and updates.

What is the best way to convert all the data in my 1Password 4 System to the new account?
    Backup and restore?

Regards Steffen

• Detailed instructions on how to migrate to a membership can be found here:

Move your existing 1Password data to a 1Password account

:)

I hope that helps!

Ben

• @yagfreak, also, if you need to delete an existing account, please email us at support+forum@agilebits.com and include a link to this forum post. Then post here so we know to look for your email. :)

• yagfreak
    yagfreak
    Community Member

Hello

Thank you for the info.
    I will try to move my vault to the new account.

• :+1: :)

Ben

• yagfreak
    yagfreak
    Community Member

Hi, everything worked really well with the transfer.

And I also found the old security key. But as I already did the subription with an new account, i just logged on the old only one and deleted it.

So far I'm happy and everything worked like a charm.

Regards Steffen

• Great! Thanks for the update. Glad to hear that all worked out. :)

Ben

This discussion has been closed.