Browser connection Refused

Options
albertaguy
albertaguy
Community Member
edited June 2018 in 1Password 7 for Windows

I am using 1password on windows 10 but keep getting browser connection refused due to untrustre source. I sent the diagnostic report. Will someone let me know what the problem is as it is becoming very frustrating. I also use 1password on Mac and it works perfectly with no issue.

support ID is [#SBC-24442-852]

1Password Version: Not Provided
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Not Provided
Sync Type: Not Provided

Comments

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Thanks for getting in touch. I'm sorry for the confusion there. The problem is that something in your system is preventing 1Password from connecting to the browser -- and, actually, to our update server as well. What "security" software are you using? There are a number that are known to do this.

ref: SBC-24442-852

• albertaguy
    albertaguy
    Community Member
    Options

I am not using any security software. I use third party firewall which I had disabled but the problem still persisted. I had issue with the sound in my laptop so I sent it for the repair. Once I get it back I will again try to see if the same issue persist.

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @albertaguy,

I sent an email reply to you yesterday. Please check your inbox and let us know if the issue remains once you get your computer back. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• albertaguy
    albertaguy
    Community Member
    Options

Alright guys. I got my laptop back from repair and they had to change the motherboard which meant I had to reinstall windows and reinstall 1password. Now I am able to connect with the browser extension. I am curios, I had disabled Rich icon and disabled auto updates but 1password still try to connect online. I am using standalone license. I am confused why it still need to connect 1password server when I do not see any valid reason to do so. Is that required to communicate with password mini? I use firewall to block unwanted outgoing connections.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@albertaguy: You can't disable updates completely, only automatic installation. Watchtower also needs to connect to the server to get info to check your items against locally.

This discussion has been closed.