'One' Password / Local Vaults + Cross-Platform

Options

Hiya, long-time 1P user here, up until recently sharing a local vault across iOS, Mac, and Windows via DropBox thanks to my company's current policy, historically using stand-alone licenses. Thrilled to see 1Pv7 come along with a consistent user interface and functionality. Intended future state retains DropBox as primary sync mechanism, using a 1P Membership to ease licensing. To test this, converted prior agile chain vault to OPV, and picked three test machines (one on each platform) to validate configuration - and at this point have all three clients readily accessing contents of converted OPV vault.

The issue: on Mac and iOS, I am able to use my local vault password to log into app (selected the OPV vault as primary in the Mac client, and with iOS, re-selected sync destination once Mac had converted old vault). All good. For Windows, I am only able to log in using the 1P Membership password, and cannot see how to similarly designate the local vault as primary as I did on the Mac to 'move' the authentication across.

Entirely likely I'm missing something obvious, in which case thanks in advance for pointing me in the correct direction to get me back to one password from two.

Appreciate it!

1Password Version: 7
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Cross-Platform
Sync Type: DropBox

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi @dizzydev,

Thank you for getting in touch and using 1Password! :chuffed:

The thing is that in order to unlock the app you are using the Master Password from the vault or account, which was added first to 1Password app on your computer. This Master Password is used to encrypt the local database. If you want to use the Master Password from your local vault, not your 1Password account, to unlock the app, you can do the following:

1) Reset the local database for 1Password 7 on your PC.

2) Select your local vault to add first to 1Password during the first setup:

3) Add the account after that by going to Accounts > Sign in to an account.

Let me know how it works for you after that.

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.