Credit Card not filling correctly

Narius
Narius
Community Member
edited June 2018 in 1Password in the Browser

Hi - I went to pay for something on a music website https://www.musicnotes.com/commerce/step4b_payment_TR.asp?oid=2P1W0W020C0U0PT5D8PL8UKB18
First I tried cmd-\ but that did nothing. So I right-clicked the field to choose 1P then use my AMEX - digits were missing from the entry - eg the first digits appeared as removed by AgileBits (which when I copied/pasted here appeared as removed by AgileBits - i.e no gaps) but my actual no. minus last digits is removed by AgileBits.
Similarly, the expiry date appeared as removed by AgileBits

All in Safari.

1Password Version: 7.0.4
Extension Version: 4.7.1
OS Version: OS X 10.12.6
Sync Type: Dropbox
Referrer: forum-search:credit card not correct details

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Narius,

I couldn't take the change that those numbers were real. Our support forum is public and everybody can see your post, even people who haven't registered with our forum. It's often a strength, it allows us to help so many people with a single reply, more than we may even have write into us but it means any personally identifiable or sensitive data is the last thing you want revealed here. If those details were real it may be worth requesting a replacement card just to make sure that it can't possibly harm you in any way that they were visible between the time of posting your request for assistance and my editing just now.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited February 2019

So there is something odd going on with that site. I've created a test account and reproduced the issue. We're filling the full number but the site is reacting to the filling and altering the fields after we've filled. I noticed that a second attempt at filling with a Credit Card item would result in the long card number being correctly retained but whatever they're doing with the expiry date repeatedly happens each time we try to fill. We'll have to see if we can work around this odd behaviour.

ref: xplatform/filling-issues#192

• Narius
    Narius
    Community Member

Thanks @littlebobbytables - As to the numbers, not saying they were legit, but I thought that by removing some of the digits it'd be ok. Take your point though.
    As to the Credit Card number working on a 2nd time, I found that it looked better the 2nd time, but was still incorrect. So yeah, something's happening.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Hello @Narius,

While I'm not tinfoil hat paranoid, I'm usually pretty cautious and more so when it comes to user's information. If you'd explicitly stated that the numbers were entirely fictitious I wouldn't have given it a second though and I confess I didn't check the number of digits. I just saw what looked like a long enough number for my gut reaction to kick and and remove everything just in case. Given the potential damage something like that could inflict on a person I hope you understand why I reacted the way I did.

Without going into the actual digits themselves, can you describe how the card number is wrong on the second fill for me please. It's quite possible I missed something in my first test and I'd like to make sure the issue I've filed is accurate. Hopefully with your assistance I can spot it and ensure that's noted as well.

• Narius
    Narius
    Community Member

Firstly, thanks for removing the numbers. Good gut. Fully appreciate it. (The numbers are now useless)
    Ok - on the 2nd fill, using an AMEX the numbers fill for me as follows - where D is a digit and M is a missing digit
    DDDD MDDDDDD MDDD - maybe it should have just been DDDDMDDDDDDMDDD but I included where they put the spaces.
    When I tried a VISA card, the numbers came up as DDDD DDDD DDDD DDMM first time, then DDDD DDDD DDDD DMMM the 2nd time.
    Hope that's clear enough.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni

Greetings @Narius,

That does help, thank you. For now it looks like you're limited to copy and paste for this site. I don't know why the site is doing what its doing and I can only hope there is a way to work around their JavaScript.

This discussion has been closed.