Custom field issue on American Airlines Advantage login page

Options

Hello. I created a "section" in 1P for the "last name" field on this login page: https://www.aa.com/loyalty/login/submit
However, 1P never populates it. I'm using Chrome extension on the Mac. Any idea what the problem might be?
Thanks,
Scott

1Password Version: 6.6.8
Extension Version: 4.7.0.90
OS Version: 0.13.4 (17E199)
Sync Type: Dropbox

Comments

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Greetings @sdfnyc,

As a workaround for this can you try the following for me please.

1. This is link to a 1PIF (1Password Interchange Format) file for American Airlines. Please save this to your Desktop.
    2. In 1Password, use the menu option File > Import...
    3. In the dialog that pops up select the Other option from the list of data locations.
    4. Click on the Import a 1PIF File option.
    5. Click the Select File... button and select the 1PIF you saved to the desktop in step 1.
    6. Click the View Imported Items button.
    7. Edit the Login item and click the show web form details button.
    8. Replace the placeholder text with your real username, surname and password. If you want the site to remember you check the box in the RememberMe field.
    9. Save.

Do you find this Login item correctly fills all three fields?

• sdfnyc
    sdfnyc
    Community Member
    Options

Thanks so much for the help. Yes, this worked perfectly.

One interesting thing I noticed is that the previously login I had set up shows my password as "strong", but even with that same passwords copied over to the new saved login (the one you created and I imported) it now shows as "weak". Could it be because it was copied over?

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@sdfnyc: Glad that helped! And that's right: when you enter a password yourself, 1Password doesn't know how it was created, so it will treat it as significantly weaker than one it saved itself (which it knows it generated, and how). Cheers! :)

• jtucker
    jtucker
    Community Member
    Options

Pardon me for reviving an older thread, but I had the same problem with AA.com. I followed those instructions and it solved the problem of not filling the third surname field. However, the "auto-submit" doesn't work for me -- it just goes back to a login page. If I turn off the auto-submit and manually click the login button, it works correctly.

Any ideas on how to fix the auto-submit?

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    edited June 2018
    Options

@jtucker, you aren't using Safari by any chance and could it be related to the issue described in Open-and-Fill with Safari 11.1?

• GregGraham72
    GregGraham72
    Community Member
    Options

I have this same problem on AA.com... Finally got it to add my last name to the form, but then it doesn't submit, it just refreshes the page. Using latest Chrome and latest 1Password. Have tried all sorts of methods, creating manually in the browser, the automatic way in the browser and in the Windows desktop client. Also tried a method i saw where you create manually in windows desktop client with just username and password, then add the lastname field manually, again, it populates the fields but it won't autosubmit. I've turned off auto-submit for this login, but would be nice if it worked automatically.

• AGAlumB
    AGAlumB
    1Password Alumni
    Options

@GregGraham72: If you've "turned off auto-submit for this login" it should not autosubmit. Did you mean something else?

• GregGraham72
    GregGraham72
    Community Member
    Options

If auto submit is on, then the page just refreshes after it populates the three fields - nothing gets submitted. So if i turn off auto-submit the fields populate and then i submit manually.... it’s just annoying that somehow adding a third field messes up auto-submit.

• littlebobbytables
    littlebobbytables
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hello @GregGraham72,

Adding a third field doesn't normally affect submit after filling so I'm not sure why the site is reacting the way it is, especially as manually pressing enter while focus on the password page seems to submit properly. Maybe 1Password is trying to submit too quickly for this particular page, we'll have to do some testing. For now though it looks like you'll have to manually submit I'm afraid.

This discussion has been closed.