Win7: Logged into membership account but No Vaults & No Items

Options

Longtime 1PW user here, both Windows (back to v1) and Mac (before Windows v1 --- it's been so long, I can't remember :)) I have dutifully upgraded over the years, and within the past month finally made the jump to a membership. I followed all of the upgrading instructions on all my other devices, and everything (1000 items) syncs beautifully. Somehow, I had a feeling Windows might give me a fit (go figure, it did).

Actually, I should admit that one of my other Windows machines is running Windows10, and I've got no issues syncing and viewing items there; however, this is one of my last devices to get "up to speed" with the new 1Password 7. I first uninstalled 1Password v3 and v4, which were "hanging around" in my programs. Then I deleted any other AgileBits and related folders I could find in ~/AppData including subdirectories (sorry about the abbreviation...I know that's a Linux relative directory but I don't know the cryptic %% code for the home folder in Windows).

The install goes just fine; the app accepts my secret key, email, & password, and then brings up ... nothing. All Vaults shows '0 vaults' and the pane on the right shows "Welcome! You currently have no items." If I click on the Accounts menu and highlight the 1Password "flag" item (although strangely, it's just a flag--no name or anything), a list flies out to the right that shows my subscription is valid and appropriate details...

I even get the "new sign-in" email from 1Password.

I initially thought that it might have been an application firewall issue (I am running ZoneAlarm Firewall), but then why would I get a new sign-in email? Just to eliminate that thought, I completely "white listed" the 1Password application in the ZoneAlarm software (didn't change anything), then also completely disabled the ZoneAlarm Firewall (and logged out of 1PW and back in; also tried restarting the app) -- but I still only get 0 Vaults and 0 Items.

Not sure what else to try here...I know I have 1000 items "out there;" I just can't seem to see them in Windows 7.

Thanks again for all you do...my life would be quite messy without you guys :)))))

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Win7 Ultimate
Sync Type: 1Password membership

Comments

• gizmo74
    gizmo74
    Community Member
    Options

Well in the 30 minutes I waited before posting, the 15-ish I spent typing the initial post, and the additional 15 I spent "surfing the net," all of my items just "popped" into the Vault, and the Accounts menu now has my name, icon, and looks a little more "like I'd expect." Don't know if someone is reading this post late and was able to "reset" me, but in either case I'm up and running again :)

Please mark this one as closed :)

Did I say THANK YOU?????

Well, I did it again...THANK YOU!!!!

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni
    Options

Hi there @gizmo74,

Thank you for the update! I am glad to hear that the issue has resolved itself. :chuffed:

It sounds like it took some time for 1Password 7 on your PC to download your items (due to firewall or other connectivity issues). Please let us know if you bump into any other issues with 1Password on that machine, we will investigate.

In the meantime, enjoy 1Password and have a great week! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

This discussion has been closed.