Did version 7 change the way the auto fill keyboard shortcut works?

I just updated from v4 to v7. Very nice aesthetic and navigation improvements. However my favorite feature of v4 does not seem to work the same. It has slowed down my workflow.

I used to be able to use a quick one hand (2 key) shortcut while in my web browser to auto fill the login and password of the site I was on. I can not get this to work in the new version. It looks like you now have to pres Ctrl AND Alt? I have tried to get it to work with different combinations but so far have only been successful with numbers. I much preferred the old version as I could very quickly login to multiple sites without taking my hand off the mouse. Many more clicks now.
Am I doing something wrong?
Thank you!

1Password Version: 7.1.567
Extension Version: Not Provided
OS Version: Windows 10
Sync Type: server

Comments

• Greg
    Greg
    1Password Alumni

Hi there @jwinger7,

Thank you for reaching out! :chuffed:

The default keyboard shortcut for 1Password extension in the browser is Ctrl + \ on Windows and it didn't change in 1Password 7 for Windows. Ctrl + Alt + \ is a shortcut for 1Password mini, if you want to open it outside of your browser.

Am I right to understand that Ctrl + \ doesn't work for you in the browser? It is incorrect, if it doesn't. Please tell me the exact steps you're taking, and what is (or is not) happening the way you expect so we can figure out what is happening. Thanks! :+1:

Cheers,
    Greg

• jwinger7
    jwinger7
    Community Member

I see, It works with the default shortcut. I guess it doesn't map to the same keys as before. I used to have my shortcut mapped to Ctrl + (left arrow), this was convenient ergonomically because the keys are right next to each other. It seems that I cannot use any of the keypad keys in this version.
    ... A minor gripe

• MikeT
    edited June 2018

Hi @jwinger7,

That should work once we implement a new keyboard shortcut implementation in a future update to 1Password, to let you customize multiple shortcuts and for the entire shortcut rather than being limited to Control + [key] and + Control + Alt + [key].

ref: OPW-396

• jwinger7
    jwinger7
    Community Member

That sounds excellent...Thank you for your response.

• You're welcome!

This discussion has been closed.